Zoom U-44 Handy 4-In/4-Out Audio Interface
The U-44 from Zoom is a compact, 4-in/4-out audio interface with 48V phantom power that provides all of the essential tools you need for recording and performing high-resolution, 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere you go. It can be used to connect to your Mac or Windows computer, or iPad* via USB, to record with mics, instruments, and more.
The U-44 interface uses the same high-quality, low-noise preamps as the Zoom H5 and H6 handy recorders. It features two TRS/XLR combo jacks for inputs, in/out S/PDIF Optical Toslink and S/PDIF Coaxial on RCA, MIDI In/Out, two TRS 1/4" unbalanced jack outputs, RCA line-level outputs and a standard stereo headphone jack. In addition, it is powered by two AA batteries, providing up to four hours of continuous operation with phantom power turned off. The U-44 includes a download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite software to get you started right away.
- The World is Your Studio
- Wherever you want to record, the bus-powered U-44 forms the perfect centerpiece of your mobile studio. Connect instruments, monitors, and other devices when you're recording at home, or hook it up to your iPad* to make music on the go. If bus power isn't available, the U-44 can run on just two AA batteries, allowing you to record anywhere
* Requires two AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPad
- Zoom 10-Pin Connector
- Thanks to its 10-pin Zoom connector, the U-44 is compatible with all of our interchangeable input capsules (sold separately), representing a powerful field-recording setup. Choose from six capsules—X/Y, Shockmount X/Y, Mid-Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo Input—each with its own unique application. Record the audience during your live performance, or connect our SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun for dialogue and sound design on your latest film project
- Pristine Recording and Playback
- Inspired by the Zoom H-series recorders, the U-44 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps (-119.5 dB EIN) that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-44 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity
- Get Connected with the U-44
- The U-44 features a full array of inputs and outputs so you'll always be prepared. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators provide flexibility for connecting mics, keyboards, and mixers. 48V phantom power can be supplied to inputs 1 and 2, and input 1 supports Hi-Z input for connecting passive guitars, basses, and other instruments. MIDI I/O enables you to use electronic keyboards, controllers, synthesizers, and drum machines
- Multiple Output Options
- Multiple output options—including 1/4", RCA, and S/PDIF—allow you to connect DJ mixers, speakers, and more. Monitoring your mixes is easy thanks to a dedicated headphone output with independent volume control. The direct-monitor knob makes it possible to blend your headphone mix between the input and playback signals—perfect for live electronic music performance and DJ'ing
- Control Your Mix
- With advanced monitoring options, the U-44 lets you dial in the perfect mix with zero latency. Create a balanced headphone mix between your click-track and main-out signals during live performances. Or balance the cue and main out signals when you're DJ'ing.
- Stand-Alone AD/DA Conversion
- When you're transferring audio, high-quality AD/DA conversion is critical. The U-44 functions in stand-alone mode as a high-quality mic preamp and AD/DA converter to ensure complete transparency when converting audio formats. You can choose between a 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate for conversion
- Feature-Rich Mobile Recording
- The U-44 is small enough to carry in your jacket pocket or backpack without sacrificing features. Plus, all of the connectors and knobs are strategically positioned for fast access
- Create More with Your U-44
- When you combine the U-44 with Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have everything the modern music creator needs. Record your tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.