Tascam MM-4D/in-x 4-channel Dante Input - Xlr
Sold and Shipped by: Red One Music
MusicRedOne.com is a Canadian authorized Tascam retailer.
Any questions about this product? CHAT WITH US or CALL US →514-225-2226
✔ FREE SHIPPING
✪ NEW PRODUCT!
Built-in DSP 4 mic/line input Dante converter to respond to various needs of contractor market and professional audio scene.
The MM-4D/IN-X is a compact converter that converts 4-channel mic/line input signals into Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the MM-4D/IN-X is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite analog output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. MM-4D/IN-X supports up to 96kHz/24bit and uses XLR connectors for analog mic/line input.
Phantom power and remote gain control compatible mic preamps
The installed mic preamps support phantom power (+48V) and the input gain can be remote controlled via TASCAM DCP CONNECT software, via Dante or other external controllers.
TASCAM studio quality mic preamps installed
The MM-4D/IN-X has installed two natural-sounding, high grade TASCAM mic preamps made with all the knowledge and experience cultivated through the years in the making of pro audio equipment. Input range covers from -70 dBu to +26 dBu, with equivalent input noise achieving less than -125 dB, and signal-noise ratio over 108 dB.
Compressor, 4 band parametric EQ, auto level, and more effects included
They can be finely adjusted depending on the mic/line equipment used.
Using the built-in matrix mixer, users can mix up to 8 different sources (4-channel mic/line inputs with 4-channel Dante inputs) and configure the settings on each of the four output zones. The matrix mixer is also equipped with a ducking function and an ambient noise compensator function, which detects the level of environmental sounds and automatically adjusts the input level of the source.
Flexible routing allows users to choose the output zone of 4 mic/line inputs or the built-in matrix mixer output zone as 4 Dante output. The MM-4D/IN-E can also be used as a simple mic/line input unit by bypassing the matrix mixer.
Scene preset and timer event functions
Effect parameters, mix levels, input/output routings, etc. settings can be saved as up to 50 different presets by the scene preset function. This function allows switching different presets seamlessly in different environments. By using the scene preset function together with the SNTP client included-timer event function*, it is possible to automatically switch different scenes at a specified time.
*Timer event function is planned to be compatible on a future version update.
Power supply can be provided to the unit via PoE (Power over Ethernet).
No need for AC adaptors; power supply construction fees and installation costs can be reduced by using a PoE compatible network switch.
Remote control via control software
Controlling effects or the matrix mixer can be easily done through the dedicated control software; depending on the amount of controls the user needs, there are two types:
- TASCAM DCP CONNECT, designed for system integrators/managers that handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- TASCAM EZ CONNECT, designed for end-users and allowing them to use simple controls.
Compatible with Windows / macOS / Android / iOS devices.
Installable according to usage/environment
Units can be easilly installed directly under desks or on walls with the included surface mount adaptors.
With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two Dante Compact Processor models can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
Features at a glance
- 4-channel mic/line input with phantom power (+48v) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes/environments (Output effects, 8 in/4 out matrix mixer)
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices:
- For integrators: input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.
- For end-users: simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Remote control via GPI and Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor line input signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
- Optional accessories:
- AC adapter PS-P1220E for redundant power supply available
- Rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1 to install and store two Dante Compact Processor models in a 19 inch rack case