Tascam DP-008EX Overview
The DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio from Tascam is a compact, battery-powered multitrack recorder, featuring two built-in omnidirectional condenser microphones and WAV file resolution up to 16-bit/44.1kHz. Additionally, two balanced XLR inputs and two unbalanced 1/4" TS inputs can be used to record mic, line or Hi-Z instrument signals. The XLR inputs have switchable +48V Phantom power. Designed with analog functionality and dedicated control knobs, the DP-008EX is ideal for on-the-spot recording. A Mini USB 2.0 output facilitates high-speed file transfer to your Mac or PC.
The DP-008EX features onboard effects on all its input channels. Compressor, 2-band shelving EQ, de-esser and exciter are available on each track. Additionally, the DP-008EX has six different types of reverb built-in. Mastering effects for the stereo mix are also included, offering 2-band EQ, multi-band compression and normalizing. An Auto Analysis Mastering tool is also included, making the process easy, just choose between Natural or Maximum.
The DP-008EX provides a line output on a stereo pair of RCA jacks, as well as an 1/8" stereo headphone output. An integrated chromatic tuner and metronome help you perfect your performance. For elongated battery life, the DP-008EX is compatible with Tascam's BP-6AA external battery pack. It can also be powered by the PS-P520 AC adapter. Both alternative powering solutions are sold separately.
- Versatile Recording and Data Transfer
- The DP-008EX can record, import and export 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files. It is compatible with both mono and stereo files.
- Recording Media Included
- The DP-008EX records WAV files to SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, a 2GB card is included. High-speed data transfer is available through the onboard USB 2.0 port. Your files can then be imported to your favorite DAW.
- Recording / Playback Engines
- The DP-008EX can record 2 mono tracks or 1 stereo track simultaneously. It offers up to 8 tracks of simultaneous playback.
- Additional Features
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Selectable low/high microphone sensitivity
- Independent level / pan / reverb send controls per track
- Backlit 128 x 64 dot-matrix LCD
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Undo / Redo function
- Track editing functions
- Backup and restore songs
Tascam DP-008EX Specs
Recording Specifications Recording Media SD/SDHC card (up to 32GB) File System TASCAM original (MTR partition)
FAT32 (FAT partition)
Microphone Inputs Connectors 2 x XLR balanced Input Impedance 2.4kΩ Nominal Input Level -8 dBu Maximum Input Level +8 dBu Line Input Connector 2 x 1/4" TS unbalanced Input Impedances Switchable:
≥ 10kΩ mic/line
Nominal Input Level -10 dBV Maximum Input Level +6 dBV Headroom 16 dB Built-In Microphone Specifications Type 2 x omni-directional condenser microphone Line Output Connector 2 x RCA phono (1 x L/R) Nominal Output Level -10 dBV Maximum Output Level +6 dBV Headphone Output Connector 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini Maximum Output Level ≥ 20 mW per side
(THD+N less than 0.1%, 32Ω loaded)
Audio Performance Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz +1/-3 dB Distortion < 0.05% Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 81 dB USB Connectivity USB Connector 1 x USB Mini-B 4-pin Format USB 2.0 high speed mass storage class Operating System Requirements Windows XP / Vista / 7
Mac OS X 10.2 or later
www.musicredone.com is a Canadian Tascam authorized retailer
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.