Classic Japanese Percussion, Infused with Modern Technology
Japan's historic taiko drumming tradition has been deeply woven into the country's culture since ancient times. Taiko drums - also known as "wadaiko" - are an integral part of traditional Japanese performing arts and rituals, and are regularly played at local events and festivals. Born and made in Japan, the groundbreaking TAIKO-1 electronic percussion instrument infuses the classic taiko experience with the many benefits of modern music technology, making playing Japanese percussion more fun and accessible than ever before. Backed by decades of development knowledge behind leading products like V-Drums and the ELCajon EC-10, TAIKO-1 brings the power and convenience of Roland electronic percussion to taiko enthusiasts everywhere.
• Premium electronic taiko instrument, based on the katsugi okedo daiko
• Versatile sound engine provides a wide selection of Japanese percussion instruments, including okedo daiko, nagado daiko, shime daiko, and more
• Dual-zone, three-ply mesh heads on both ends provide natural playability and acoustically quiet performance for practice with headphones
• 35 cm in diameter, about the same size as a 1.5 shaku okedo taiko
• Weighs 4.5 kg/9 lb., similar to a normal katsugi okedo daiko
• Quick and simple disassembly for carrying convenience
• Play your own sounds by importing WAV audio via USB memory
• Drum for up to five hours with eight AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
• Built-in ji-uchi backing patterns for practice and performance
• Bluetooth function for playing along with music wirelessly from your smartphone
The Most Versatile Taiko Drum Ever
TAIKO-1's physical design is based on the katsugi okedo daiko, a popular taiko drum carried with a sling over the shoulder. But the modern digital sound engine takes its range far beyond the capabilities of any acoustic drum, allowing you to play a wide variety of taiko percussion sounds with one instrument.
Explore a Variety of Japanese Percussion Instruments
Taiko drums come in many different sizes and shapes, and TAIKO-1 puts them all at your fingertips. The okedo daiko is on board, along with the familiar nagado daiko, the smaller shime taiko, and the enormous odaiko, which produces a massive, thunderous voice. Other sounds include different bachi (stick) variations, chappa (a pair of small cymbals), hyoshigi (a pair of wooden blocks), and layered drumline sounds, plus fun shouts and calls that are common in taiko performances.
Unlimited Dynamics and Expression
Thanks to dual-zone trigger technology with positional sensing, you're able to get a wide variety of tones from just one drum. Center hits are punchy and full, while playing slightly off center provides longer tones. And when you want a crisper sound, simply play near the edge. Playing velocities are perfectly translated too, providing unrestricted dynamic expression.
Play Your Own Sounds
It's also possible to customize TAIKO-1 by importing your own WAV sounds via a USB flash drive. Import personal recordings of a taiko instrument you own, or take advantage of the many third-party sounds available. Or get adventurous with non-taiko sounds and blaze new trails with TAIKO-1's expressive playability. Imported sounds can be played on their own or layered with internal instruments to create unique blended voices.
Stream Music via Bluetooth
With onboard Bluetooth support, it's easy to energize your playing sessions with backing music and lesson content. Wirelessly stream music from a smartphone to TAIKO-1, and then listen through headphones or a connected speaker. Play with favourite songs, learn new skills with tutorial videos, or practice with rehearsal recordings to get ready for your taiko group's next performance.
TAIKO-1 weighs 4.5 kg/9 lb., about the same as a normal katsugi okedo daiko. But unlike a traditional taiko instrument, TAIKO-1 can be quickly disassembled for carrying in a small vehicle or on public transportation. When it's time for a gig or rehearsal, simply remove the eight middle rods connecting the two heads and be on your way!
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.