The SH-5 Filter, Reborn for Eurorack
The only thing synth fans really need to know about the Roland System-500 505 Eurorack module is that it puts the revered sound of the classic SH-5 filter section into your modular synth rig. It features a multimode filter plus a bandpass filter section, and using both simultaneously can generate some amazingly creative textures. Unlike the also-popular ladder filter design, the SH-5's lowpass filter is known for growling resonance that doesn't hurt your low end at higher values — that means your bass line stays rock solid while you modulate resonance. Whether you're a fan of classic Roland synths or simply want a great-sounding filter module with flexibility, you'll be impressed with the Roland System-500 505 Eurorack filter module.
Classic Roland synth sounds for Eurorack
If you're like many of us at Red One and love the sound of classic analog Roland synths like the System-100m and the SH-5, but don't want to invest in vintage equipment, Roland System-500 Eurorack modules are for you. These are completely analog modules designed for maximum compatibility — and creativity — with the modern modular ecosystem. Whether you're building your first Eurorack modular synthesizer or are adding on to a large rig, Roland System-500 modules offer big sound design potential along with stellar sound quality.
Roland System-500 505 Eurorack Filter Module Features:
- Analog dual-filter module for Eurorack modular synthesizers
- Multimode filter with LPF, BPF, and HPF modes, plus a separate BPF filter section
- Unique filter design doesn't reduce low frequencies at higher resonance values
- Switchable outputs allow for rerouting your signal path on the fly
- Built-in VCAs, with voltage control over frequency and resonance
- Supports key tracking
- Size: 16HP wide, 57.2mm deep
- Power usage: 85mA (+12 volts), 90mA (-12 volts)