The Legendary Percussion Pad, Updated for Modern Performances
The OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO offers the famous eight-pad layout, legendary sounds, and rugged durability of the original SPD-20, newly enhanced with more responsive playability, additional sounds and functions, and an updated user interface. Compact and portable, the OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO delivers everything you need to authentically cover percussion in all music genres and settings, from small groups to large-scale ensembles.
• The original SPD-20 sound set, augmented with all-new percussion sounds for a wider sonic palette
• Includes a broad selection of world percussion, with more than 900 instruments to choose from
• 200 customizable percussion kits, including 100 ready-to-play presets
• Eight cushioned rubber pads provide even and accurate triggering, improved dynamic response, and excellent isolation between pads
• Four external dual-trigger inputs and a dedicated hi-hat control input allow connection of additional pads and pedals, including a kick pad and hi-hat controller pedal to create a mini drum kit
• Dedicated buttons for adjusting sound-editing parameters while performing
• LCD + LED screens with backlights for easy visibility on dark stages
• USB memory port for backing up settings and kit data
• Designed in Japan
Classic SPD-20 Sounds - and More
The SPD-20 has been embraced by thousands of players as a primary instrument, and they rely on its versatile sound set for performing every day. The OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO retains every sound from the original percussion pad while also providing an impressive selection of new ones to choose from. In addition, EQ, compression, and three onboard effects engines - each with 38 multi-effects types - can be applied to a single instrument, further broadening the sonic possibilities.
Authentic Sounds from Around the World
The OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO's new sounds give players what they need to meet today's diverse live performance and studio production demands. Sampled in the highest quality, these premium sounds allow percussionists to authentically cover Asian, African, Latin, and many other world music styles. Traditional drum kit sounds are also on tap, including high-end acoustic drums and cymbals originally developed for the TD-27 V-Drums sound module. In total, more than 900 instruments are available for musical exploration.
Real-Time Sound Editing for Expressive Performances
The OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO comes with 100 great-sounding preset kits that are ready to play. But you also have the ability to customize them to perfectly fit your personal style and the music you're playing. The backlit LCD and direct-access buttons support real-time editing of instrument sounds as you perform, and up to four sounds can be layered on any one pad using the pad link function to create exciting new tones and textures. Additionally, the kit chain function lets you line up kits to match your set list, making it easy to call up the exact one you need during a performance.
Expand Beyond the Built-In Pads
To complement its eight sensitive rubber pads, the OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO features four dual-trigger inputs and a dedicated hi-hat control input. This allows you to build an expanded percussion setup with a variety of optional Roland trigger pads, including mesh-head V-Pads, V-Cymbals, and the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad. And by connecting a Roland kick pad and hi-hat control pedal, you can transform the OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO into a powerhouse mini drum kit with rock-solid feel and continuous open/closed hi-hat sounds.
Built-in Pads: 8
*Four external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect Pads.
Instruments: 900 instruments or greater
Kits: 200 (Preset: 100)
Kit Chain: 16 chains (16 steps per chain)
Layer: 2 layers per pad, 2 layers x 2(Head/Rim) per external Trigger
- Coarse Tune
- Fine Tune
- Pedal Bend
- Layer EQ
- Pad comp
- Pad Mute Group
- Pad Link
Kit Effects: Ambience (5 Types), EQ, Comp, 3 x MFX 38 Types
Display: 16 characters 2 line (backlit LCD); 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT(L/MONO, R) Jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
MIX IN Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
EXTERNAL TRIGGER INPUT Jack : 1/4-inch TRS phone type x 4
HH CTRL Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
FOOT SW Jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) Connectors
USB MEMORY port: USB A type
Power Supply: AC adaptor (DC 12 V)
Current Draw: 500 mA
Dimensions: 450(W) x 350 (D) x 72 (H) mm / 17-3/4 (W) x 13-13/16 (D) x 2-7/8 (H) inches
Weight: 3.7 kg / 8 lbs 3 oz (excluding AC Adaptor)
Included Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.