RME HDSPe MADI FX Overview
The HDSPe MADI FX from RME is a two-card, compact PCIe solution for transmitting a huge number of audio channels using the MADI protocol. Utilizing two optical and one coaxial set of inputs and outputs, the cards are capable of delivering 194 input and 196 output channels when used in conjunction with the two-channel AES/EBU I/O and the analog monitor output.
Not only does the system provide an impressive input and output count, but the included TotalMix FX software features a 4,096-channel mixer with a 192 kHz effects engine that allows latency-free monitoring with numerous effects like EQs, compressors, reverb, and echo, rendered directly on the hardware of the card and independent of the DAW software being used. MIDI is integrated and provides comprehensive remote control, while Wordclock I/O includes switchable termination.
- Two-card PCIe solution for transmitting a huge number of audio channels using the MADI protocol
- 194 input and 196 output channels when used in conjunction with the two-channel AES/EBU I/O and the analog monitor output
- Wordclock connection and four MIDI I/Os
- Inputs and Outputs
3 x MADI I/O
- Two optical and one coaxial MADI I/O (SC industry standard optical connectors, coaxial configured as 75Ω BNC)
- 192 inputs and 192 outputs simultaneously available at 44.1 and 48 kHz, 96 inputs and 96 outputs at 96 kHz, and 48 inputs and 48 outputs at 192 kHz
- In general, two optical MADI-I/Os are adequate to implement a major studio or live setup with long cable lengths, whereas the additional coaxial MADI I/O provides maximum flexibility and provides in-the-box conversion between both formats
Analog Monitoring Output
- Low-latency, reference quality analog stereo output, ideally suited to high- and low-impedance headphones
- Using the monitoring features of TotalMix, any input channel, recorded tracks, or complex sub-mixes can be selected for listening
- Cue function allows each of the 98 possible stereo sub-mixes to be monitored with a single mouse click
- Digital input/output in the professional AES/EBU format for those who work with additional AES/EBU devices and would like to easily connect them to their DAW
- Allows the connection of a simple AD/DA converter (e.g. RME's ADI-2 for example) to get a second monitoring output, or to create a talkback setup
MIDI Integration and Remote Control
- Four MIDI I/Os - one via the external breakout cable, the other three internal as virtual MIDI ports, one for each MADI I/O
- Each MADI I/O owns a virtual MIDI I/O in the operating system that can be addressed by any MIDI program
- MIDI signals are transmitted through the same lines and distances as the MADI data, with the MIDI signals able to be played back from RME MADI devices via a standard MIDI DIN port
- Wordclock I/O with switchable termination
- The MADI FX card uses SteadyClock to extract the reference clock directly from the MADI signal, while reducing possible jitter to a minimum, making long-distance connections even more convenient
- Wordclock input processes signals automatically in single, double or quad speed
- TotalMix FX
Digital Zero Latency Effects
- DSP-based hardware mixer with 46-bit internal resolution
- Provides the same 192 kHz effects engine as the Fireface UFX and UCX but with improved DSP efficiency.
- Every input and output channel comes with a feature set comparable to a full-scale digital console
Flexible Routing with Professional Matrix View
- All 194 inputs and 196 playback channels can be freely routed and mixed to 196 physical outputs
- This creates a powerful router/mixer and allows for much more than usage as simple computer I/O unit
- Provides a complete complement of all the functions needed to control the monitoring of modern in-the-box studio or live mixing sessions
TotalMix Remote Control
- Main functions can be remotely controlled via MIDI with any Mackie Control compatible controller
- Can be also be remotely controlled by Apple's iPad via Mackie Control emulator apps, standard MIDI commands, and OSC (TouchOSC, Lemur) realizing comfortable wireless remote control of TotalMix key parameters
- Additional Features
- RME's jitter suppression technology guarantees perfect sound quality throughout, making the device completely independent of the quality of external clock signals
Intelligent Clock Control (ICC)
- Displays status of every clock
- Retains the last valid input sample rate in case of failure of the external source
- SyncCheck offer a quick detection of clock problems
- Software tool box for metering, testing, measuring and analyzing digital audio streams
- Under Mac OS X the software provides unique functions and features of the spectral analysis of the data calculated in the hardware level right through to the sophisticated multi-channel level meter
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.