RME ADI-6432R BNC Overview
The RME ADI-6432R BNC 64-Channel 192 kHz MADI/AES Format Converter (Single-Mode) offers broadcasters the ease of integration and fail-safe operation through the utilization of industry standard BNC connectors and dual redundant power supplies, while offering 64 channels of I/O capability. The BNC version targets broadcast and professional users who require AES-3id connections - coaxial 75Ω cables with up to 984.2' (300m) length. Typical applications include 2 ADI-6432R converter used as digital multicore, or 1 unit used as an AES-3id frontend for the HDSPe MADI card. Up to 192 kHz at 24 bits is supported. With the built-in 2 height units, the ADI-6432R BNC converter provides enough space for all connectors and control elements.
AES-3id, an extension to the AES-3 standard also known as AES/EBU, carries the exact same data as the latter, but uses a different cable (75Ω unbalanced instead of 110Ω balanced) with different connectors (BNC instead of XLR) and low voltage (1 Vpp instead of 4 Vpp). Therefore, the ADI-6432R BNC converter has 64 BNC connectors on its back. The ADI-6432R BNC Converter also provides both coaxial (BNC) and optical (SC plug to multi-mode glass fiber) MADI connectors. MADI handles 64 channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48 kHz, 32 channels up to 96 kHz, and 16 channels up to 192 kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 328' (100m) can be achieved. The ADI-6432R Converter accepts 56-channel and 64-channel MADI formats, as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
The ADI-6432R Converter, available with Single-Mode MADI connectors, is compatible to existing single-mode networks and to MADI signal distribution over extremely long distances (up to 10km).
- RME's SteadyClock lets the ADI-6432R Converter use MADI without an additional word clock connection, and ensures efficient clock quality in every situation. Due to highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal - even AES and word - can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the unit's outputs. It has ICC (Intelligent Clock Control).
- The SyncCheck and AutoSync technology has been incorporated into the Intelligent Clock Control of the Hammerfall DSP system. HDSP is a digital I/O-system that is capable of measuring and displaying the frequency of all clock sources. Based on validity and current sample rate, the system decides which clock source should be used, fully automated and performed in hardware. With this, the HDSP system offers ease at handling the present clocks, despite having a lot of digital inputs, plus strong support when configuring the clock setup. It will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal.
- 16 MIDI channels can be transferred invisibly across MADI, at the full count of 64 audio channels. The same applies to RS232. Be it 9600, 19200, or 115200 Baud, thanks to a 9-pin COM port, the ADI-6432R Converter can be used as an extender for serial cables, with no effect on the audio functionality.
- Additionally, the device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI. Each ADI-6432R Converter can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote controllability of various devices with only a single MIDI channel.
- The ADI-6432R Converter is compatible with any MADI interface from other companies, like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS, and others.
- The unit also includes lots of typical RME features such as support up to 192 kHz with MADI and AES, status displays for MADI and AES, SteadyClock for maximum jitter reduction and clock regeneration, complete remote controllability via MIDI, transfer of MIDI data via MADI, transfer of RS232 data via MADI, and a redunidant power supply.
RME ADI-6432R BNC Specs
|Input/Output||MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical
AES-3id: 32 x BNC (coaxial 75 Ω)
|Word Clock||Input: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
Output: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ω, short-circuit-proof
|MIDI In/Out||Via two 5-pin DIN jacks|
|COM Ports||RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600 / 19200 / 115200 Baud|
|Sync||MADI, AES, word clock, and internal|
|Varipitch||By input signal or word clock|
|Sampling Frequency||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)|
|Sample Rate||MADI: 32 to 192 kHz, word clock: 27 to 200 kHz, AES: 28 to 200 kHz|
|Jitter||Internal Clock < 1 ns, Word Clock In < 2 ns, AES-3id In < 2 ns
Suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
Sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
|Power Supply||Internal switching mode PS, 100 to 240 VAC, 20 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||19.0 x 3.4 x 7.8" (483.0 x 88.0 x 200.0 mm)|
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.