The Dynaudio Acoustics 18S True Bass is a dual 9.5" active subwoofer with advanced DSP designed to work with MB Classic and LYD monitors to create a powerful three-way setup for mixing and mastering. The powerful onboard Class-D amplifier supplies 500W to each of the MSP+ Hybrid Drive woofers, which offer a frequency range of 16 to 230 Hz with a max SPL of 110 dB.
To achieve an accurate match between Dynaudio's professional monitors and the 18S, an acoustic profile was created by analyzing each high-end speaker and producing a custom performance map that is stored within the subwoofer's DSP. The back panel of the subwoofer also offers a USB input for trouble shooting and loading new custom performance maps, making the 18S future proof. Should you have non-Dynaudio Acoustic monitors, a generic profile can be selected. Additional features of the 18S include the ability to set a time delay to ensure the sub and speakers are working perfectly in sync, while full 3-band parametric EQs are available to easily defeat room modes that could affect the accuracy of your setup.
The 18S utilizes an updated design to its subwoofer, which is made from aluminum rather than their standard magnesium silicate polymer material. It has paper backing and an MSP dust-cap on the front, which creates a balance between stiffness, lightness, and damping. The MSP+ Hybrid Drive woofers are designed specifically for subwoofers, allowing you to mix and master with accuracy and deliver tracks that translate to any playback system.
- 300W Class-D amplifier module
- 9.5" long-throw MSP woofer for accurate low-end frequency reproduction
- Frequency Range: 22 to 175 Hz
- Sealed, black-vinyl cabinet
- 1.5" front baffle
- Master/Slave feature for daisy-chaining multiple subwoofers
- Adjustable low-pass filter to set the crossover frequency
- SAT output with defeatable high-pass filter
- Trigger Input: Enables wired remote control of subwoofer standby and operational modes in automated systems
Control and Configuration
- Input Sensitivity: Adjusts the input sensitivity to match the output level of your pre-amplifier or audiovisual processor
- Volume: Set to match the volume of your main speakers
- Presets: The 18S incorporates low pass filter presets to match a range of Dynaudio speaker models. If your 18S is to be used in a system with one of the Dynaudio models listed, select it to configure the 18S low pass filter appropriately. If your subwoofer is to be used for the LFE channel in a home theater system select the filter Bypass option.
- Parametric EQ: Provides three bands of low frequency parametric equalization. Each band offers frequency, gain and Q parameters. Parametric is best used in combination with low frequency room acoustic analysis to identify frequency response anomalies
- Auto Standby: Select to specify the delay time before the subwoofer will switch to Standby mode when unused
- Line Wake-Up: Select to enable or disable trigger input switch on
- Left Main Speaker Distance: Select to specify the distance in meters of the left channel monitor from the listening position
- Right Main Speaker Distance: Select to specify the distance in meters of the right channel monitor from the listening position
- Sub Speaker Distance: Select to specify the distance in meters of the subwoofer from the listening position
- Status: Select to display the subwoofer operational status
- Factory Reset: Select to return your 18S to its default settings