P400 teams up BirdDog’s custom NDI® silicon chip, a 4K Sony CMOS Backlit sensor, and a true Sony Image Module.
P400 includes professional-level colour tools including Colour Matrix control, Black level, Gamma including 512 pre-set gamma positions.
10-Bit 4:2:2 4K. Numbers matter.
P400 debuts the world’s first 4K 10-bit NDI in full I-Frame chroma subsampling at 4:2:2 which can be decoded natively in hardware by BirdDog’s 4K Family of NDI Encoders and Decoders. If decoding with an 8-bit 4:2:0 receiver the stream will automatically serve 8-bit 4:2:0 and this is what will be decoded. Think of it as an automatic and virtual handshake.
BirdDog Cam Control. Shade like a pro, bro.
BirdDog Cam Control allows full access to the entire colour matrix, black levels, and even the gamma to be able to shade your P400’s like a total pro. Right click to view camera full screen on a secondary monitor to really dial in the look you want and then copy the settings to colour match cameras in seconds. Yes that’s right. Colour match cameras in seconds.
Incredible low light performance.
In low light conditions the camera automatically switches from day to night mode, removing the IR-cut filter to boost sensitivity for clear pictures in near-darkness.
Triple output. NDI®, 6G-SDI and HDMI.
With NDI®, 6G-SDI, and HDMI simultaneous outputs, the P400 is ready to go live with your full NDI® workflow today or if you are still in an old school SDI workflow you can use as an SDI camera and ease your way into the world of NDI® when you are ready. We’ll be here to welcome you into the future with open arms.
Genlock. Let that sync in.
With Genlock you can now synchronise multiple cameras using the Genlock input. Now all your cameras can be hitting your NDI® enabled vision mixer at the same time and lets you eliminate the need to add frame buffers.
Superfine Robotics. Precise control at your fingers.
P400’s robotics are super precise and super sensitive. Wind down the panning and tilting speeds to create super professional shots that are dramatic, or crank up the speeds for high action sports to allow you to follow the movements.
20x Optical Zoom. Fast and Crisp.
The 20x optical zoom offers a bright F2.0 aperture with a super smooth and fast zoom. Transition from wide to tele and recall pre-set positions quickly and with super fine precision.
The incredible optical zoom function makes P400 perfect for sports such as football, baseball, hockey, ski fields, basketball, soccer, and more.
Tally light that just works.
NDI has tally information built into the metadata so when P400 is connected to an NDI enabled switcher the tally light on the front of the unit to ensure your on air talent will always know which camera is live. There is no configuration required; it just works.
PoE or DC. You have the power.
P400 can be powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE++) for single cable operation that can carry Video, Audio, Power, Tally, and Intercom or you can choose to use the included power adapter.
PTZ Keyboard. Take control.
Combine P400 with the BirdDog PTZ Keyboard and you have total control of all functions remotely. PTZ Keyboard is a full featured PTZ Keyboard that can control up to 255 PTZ cameras on a single network so can scale to even the most complex installations. PTZ Keyboard can control P400 over NDI® or by RS422 / RS232 when using in SDI mode.
RESTful API. DIY automation.
Download the free BirdDog RESTful API and program your own automation for all BirdDog hardware endpoints, including cameras.
Adaptive bit rate. Slide your way to glory.
Full NDI® is a variable bit rate codec. In normal circumstances BirdDog recommends allowing around 140Mbps in HD, or 6 streams per 1GbE cable with some headroom. In 4K it is recommended to allow around 300Mbps or 3 streams with some headroom to allow for any unforeseen spikes.
With BirdDog’s tools you can select the bit rate to suit your bandwidth and requirements. In both HD you can slide between 80-180Mbps and in 4K you can select the data rate to be anywhere between 60 and 360Mbps.
BirdDog and Bolin. BFF’s.
Sometimes a partnership is so strong it creates more than the sum of the individual parts. BirdDog and Bolin have joined forces to bring the World’s Best range of NDI PTZ gear to market. With Bolin’s commitment to using the highest quality Sony Sensors and their ability to build weatherproof cameras BirdDog knew there was only one PTZ partner that shared BirdDog’s vision of bringing to market the highest quality products at reasonable prices. Through BirdDog’s NDI know-how and Bolin’s unrivalled PTZ engineering pedigree an unbreakable partnership has formed. Batman and Robin. Mulder and Scully. Joanie and Chachi. You get the idea
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent by the shipping method of sender's choice unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- Refunds by e-transfer will be issued to the email address that is associated with your customer profile. The password will be sent to you in a separate email once the refund has been issued. Please note that a $5 service fee will be deducted from your total refund amount if:
-> a change of email address is requested once the e-transfer has already been sent
-> a typo or error has been made in the email address that is associated to your customer profile
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.