AKG C414 Xls Matched Pair C414 Xls St Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Matched Pair Stereo Set
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
This is a matched pair of AKG C414 XLS Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones, a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLS remains one of the most versatile condenser microphones for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic & amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone is designed to closely approximate the sonic character of the vintage C414 B-ULS. The 1" edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a detailed and natural sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Every factory-matched pair of C414 XLS is created from microphones selected by AKG's computer-aided matching method and provides the highest possible correlation over the microphones' entire frequency range, as well as virtually identical sensitivity for natural three-dimensional stereo recordings. Built and designed in Austria, the set comes with a metal carrying case, two spider-type shockmounts, two stand adapters, two foam windscreens, and a stereo bar.
- Dual-diaphragm 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8, wide cardioid, and the intermediate patterns in between
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria
Polar PatternCardioid, Figure-8, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, Wide-Angle CardioidFrequency Range20 Hz to 20 kHzSignal to Noise Ratio88 dB A-WeightedEquivalent Noise Level6 dB A-WeightedMaximum SPL158 dB SPL with 18 dB Pad EngagedImpedance200 ohmsLoad Impedance2200 ohmsSensitivity23 mV/PAPower Requirements48 VLow-Cut FilterYes @ 160 Hz
Yes @ 80 Hz
Yes @ 40 HzPadYes, 6 dB
Yes, 12 dB
Yes, 18 dBOutput Connectors3-pin XLROperating Temperature14 to 140°F (-10.00 to 60.00°C)Operating Current Consumption4.5 mAOperating Voltage44 V - 52 V