The Roland SE-02 Analog Synthesizer was designed in collaboration with Studio Electronics and is the first instrument in the Boutique Designer Series. The SE-02 utilizes authentic discrete analog circuitry to create its distinctly vintage sound and vast programming options. The panel is equipped with an array of high-quality knobs and switches for one-to-one control over parameters, as well as a powerful on-board sequencer.
The sound engine boasts three voltage-controlled oscillators (VCO), a voltage-controlled 24 dB low-pass filter (VCF), and a dual gain-stage amplifier (VCA). Each of the temperature-stabilized VCOs offers automatic tuning with selections for six different waveforms. Additionally, the Roland SE-02 provides a wide selection of tones beyond the classic "vintage" tones including three cross-modulation (XMod) types, a ripping filter feedback loop, envelope sweeping and inverting, oscillator sync, a noise generator, a tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms, and a tempo-syncing delay.
The enclosure is solidly built with a rugged metal top and fits Roland's optional K-25m or DK-01 accessory docks. There are a variety of input and output jacks on 1/8" connectors including a dedicated stereo headphone output, stereo line output, and stereo external audio input, as well as CV inputs for the VCF, CV pitch, gate, and trigger in and out. For MIDI control, the SE-02 offers full-sized, 5-pin DIN connectors for in and out, as well as a USB Micro-B connector, which enables audio and MIDI transmission. Chain two or more SE-02s to increase the polyphony for even greater sound explorations.
The 16-step sequencer adds motion and dimension to your sounds. It can sync to external tempo via MIDI, USB, or trigger input, and per-step gate time, adjustable glide, tempo, and patch number are stored with each sequence. Synth parameters can be automated by sequencing changes—just press a step and move a control. Creative performance features allow you to set shuffle, scale, direction, and first/last steps on the fly. The Roland SE-02 is powered by the included power cord and adapter.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage-controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV, and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI
Roland SE-02 specs
Polyphony 1 voice Presets Preset Patch: 384 (3 banks x 128) User Memory Patch: 128
Oscillators Osc 1, Osc 2, Osc 3 (Osc 3 is also available as LFO)
Waveform: Triangle, sawtooth, triangle + sawtooth (OSC 1, 2 only), reverse sawtooth (OSC 3 only), square 1-3
Controllers Common Section
Mode select switch
Function select buttons
Whl Mix knob
XMod to MW switch
O3-PW1, 2 knob
Key Track 1/3, 2/3 switch
Effect Delay Connectors Phones: Stereo miniature phone
Output: Stereo miniature phone
Ext Input: Miniature phone
VCF CV Input: Miniature phone
CV Input: Miniature phone
Gate Input: Miniature phone
Trigger In: Miniature phone
Trigger Out: Miniature phone
MIDI Connectors: In, out
USB Port: USB Micro-B type (audio, MIDI)
Power Supply AC adapter (PSB-1U) Current Draw 2 A Dimensions (W x D x H) 11.8 x 5.0 x 1.8" / 300.0 x 128.0 x 46.0 mm Weight 2.2 lb / 1.0 kg
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.