Produce and perform music anywhere, anytime—without clutter or complications. The MC-101 GROOVEBOX has all the high-quality sounds, sequencing, and effects of the professional MC-707, in a compact four-track version that’s go-everywhere portable. Get started with an inspiring collection of ready-to-go sounds and patterns, or easily create your own. Craft a unique style by importing custom sounds and loops that sync to tempo. And you can perform with the MC-101, triggering clips and shaping your sounds with direct, hands-on control.
Pocket production studio.
The MC-101 is a professional production tool, sharing the sounds and many of the capabilities of its bigger sibling, the MC-707. And there are advantages in being small. The MC-101 is solid-yet-light and runs for about five hours on four AA batteries, so you can design sounds, create drum patterns, and compose musical phrases just about anywhere. And it’s not just a scratch pad for simple ideas. You can produce fully-fledged professional tracks or create backing tracks and accompaniment for live performance.
Turn a creative spark into fire.
The MC-101 has a four-track sequencer optimized for creating today's electronic and dance-focused music. You can use the 16 RGB pads to create drum, bass, and synthesizer patterns and produce your own original music. Explore a musical playground, where you can freely combine loops and one-shots with melodic phrases including your own MIDI sequences and imported audio recordings. Compose and trigger clips, rearrange, re-sample, record automation, and more.
A portable studio full of vintage gear.
The MC-101 has the Roland sounds that have defined electronic and dance genres for over forty years. Legendary instruments like the TR-808, TR-909, JUNO-106, and SH-101 are all here, ready to replicate classic sounds or be combined, tweaked, and processed into entirely new sounds.
Expandable sounds, patterns, and phrases.
Compose from a curated collection of built-in beats, phrases, and sounds, all expertly crafted by renowned artists and sound designers. And the MC-101 is part of an expandable platform. So, when you're ready for more, or want to explore new genres and styles, you can easily change things up by adding new content.
Play your own custom audio in perfect sync.
Each track contains a powerful sample player so you can import your own custom sounds. Use your own voice, or the sound of your favorite instrument from your computer. Imported audio can sync with the MC-101's tempo or be processed with the arsenal of built-in effects and hands-on controls.
Produce tracks ready to stream or perform.
With the MC-101's wide range of pro effects, your music sounds polished and fully produced. Each track has independent effects processors with a huge number of variations. Lush chorus brings depth to pads and other synth sounds. Delays and reverbs create evocative spaces and add movement to delicate sequences. Overdrive, distortion, and amp simulation inject grit and intensity into synths, guitars, drums and more. You can also run your entire mix through master effects like filters, bit-crushers, and a master bus compressor that glues it all together with punch and clarity.
Produce and share with the world. With a single cable.
When you're ready to further develop your tracks, or share your creations with friends and fans, simply connect the MC-101 to your computer with a single USB cable. It has advanced USB audio interface capabilities and can record an entire mix or all four parts to individual tracks in your DAW. Or sample sounds from your DAW to capture backing tracks, stems, or the sound of a favorite software synth for your next live show.
- Sound Generator
ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Track Type
Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Maximum Polyphony
ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
LOOPER: 4 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
64 clips (16 clips per track)
* Clip Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop), it varies according to the track type.
Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing form SD CARD
Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD CARD
* Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)
* Available format of User Sample:
WAV 32--96 kHz/16 bits, 24 bits (mono, stereo)
* Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)
* Available format of Looper Sample:
WAV 44.1 kHz/16 bits, 24 bits, 32 bits, 32 bits float (mono, stereo)
Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
Chorus/Delay: 9 types
Reverb: 7 types
Master Effects: 90 types
- Step Sequencer
Maximum Step: 64 steps
* Available on a Tone or Drum Kit Track
Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
* Available on a Looper Track
16 characters, 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage
SD Card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- Expected battery life under continuous use
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 3 hours
Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 4.5 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
224(W) x 132(D) x 61(H) mm
8-13/16 (W) x 5-3/16 (D) x 2-7/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries)
1 lb 9 oz
With the new Version 1.7 update, the MC-707 and MC-101 GROOVEBOXES continue
to evolve with inspiring features for music creation and live performance:
● Scene Chain (MC-707 & MC-101)
Scenes can be chained in sequential order with customizable playback cycles
● Audio Insert (MC-707 & MC-101)
Insert track into input of another track for stacking MFX
● New Chord Designer Functions (MC-707 & MC-101)
Write All Type 1 (Chromatic) and Type 2 (Diatonic)
● Writes the designed chord across all pads, either chromatically
or diatonically through the selected scale
● Count In (MC-707 & MC-101)
● New Scatter Functions (MC-707 & MC-101)
Pan Glide, Quantize, Grain
● Delay / Reverb Send to PC IN (MC-707 & MC-101) and EXT IN (MC-707 only)
● New Looper Track Functions – BPM Sync (MC-707 & MC-101) and
Export Clip (MC-101 only)
BPM Sync addresses audio fluttering while synced to external MIDI
● Metronome Output Selection (MC-707 & MC-101)
● Bug Fixes
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.