Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core
26x32 Thunderbolt 3 & USB 2.0 Audio Interface with Onboard Real-time Effects
The Discrete 8 Pro SC introduces Antelope Audio’s latest software features and allows studio owners, bands, and recording engineers to record with legendary sound quality. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface is worthy of carrying the name of the model that first introduced us to the Synergy Core technology.
- High-fidelity conversion for detailed sound when recording and streaming audio, and 64-bit AFC™ clocking technology delivering spacious stereo image with distinct separation;
- Eight Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. The combo jacks work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Eight DC-coupled analog output channels (D-Sub 25), two reamp outputs (TRS), ADAT & S/PDIF I/O. All I/O can be used simultaneously in real time;
- 37 Synergy Core analog-modeled effects included and over 60 available as optional expansions. Processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Two routing options are available – standard routing that lets you switch audio sources per channel via drop-down menu and virtual patch-bay allowing the execution of advanced input/output routing via drag and drop.
Uncompromising A/D & D/A conversion and clocking
The A-D/D-A converters and signal clocking are at the heart of every studio. The Discrete 8 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters (up to 130dB of headroom) and Antelope Audio’s proprietary 64-bit AFC™ clocking. With the interface in your rack, you can experience a new level of detail in your recordings and enjoy wider soundstage for an exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
The key to transparent recordings
Antelope Audio’s discrete preamps topology is a descendant of the great console preamps of the time. Designed using a combination of transistors, the Discrete preamps result in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent recordings.
Extensive connectivity for your entire studio
The Discrete 8 Pro SC offers impressive analog and digital I/O in one rack space. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on D-Sub 25, two reamp outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, two headphone outputs, ADAT and S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports. All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously without the need to change setups, making it easy to work on multiple sessions.
Push the FX processing further
The 37 effects coming with Discrete 8 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be applied in real-time during monitoring, post-production, and live recording. The analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are processed with near zero latency entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy Core contains the processing power of a complex multi-rack setup which enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips – this is double the available channel strips compared to the original Discrete 8 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove Hill's Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares’ Auto-Tune.
Expansive feature set
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 8 Pro streamlines the routing process and even adds creative possibilities. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows you to create presets, quickly configure mixes, and more. With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on every input source.
Conversion & Clocking
- Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
- Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
- 8 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
- 8 × DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
- Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output - this allows you to have two pairs of monitor speakers playing together simultaneously.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT I/O, with 16 channels available.
- Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available.
- Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core with other gear.
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
- Two stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
- Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
- Expanded routing capabilities - switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence or make use of a virtual routing matrix.
- Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer and effects settings.
- Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan and reverb.
- Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone.
- Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for sample rate configuration, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via push sequence.
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
Real-time effects processing
- Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
- Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
- Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations
- Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core
- Getting started guide
- USB 2.0 type-B cable
- External power supply unit
Note: Thunderbolt cable is not included.
Included Onboard Effects
Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core comes with 37 effects included:
- 2 Preamps (Gyraf Gyratec IX, BA-31)
- 4 Equalizers (incl. VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5)
- 5 Compressors & Limiters (incl. Stay-Levin, FET-A76, VCA160)
- 22 Guitar Amps & Cabs (incl. Bluelux 1x12, Tube Guitar Amp)
- 2 Special Processing Effects (Expander, Noise Gate)
- 1 Reverb Effect (Auraverb)
- 1 Guitar Tuner (A-Tuner)
Full list of effects
- Gyraf Gyratec IX - Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF
- VCA160 - VCA Compressor / Limiter
- Stay-Levin - Vari-Mu Tube Compressor
- FET-A76 - FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier
- VEQ-1A - 2-Band Tube EQ
- VMEQ-5 - 3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ
- X903 - VCA Compressor / Limiter
- PowerFFC - Feed-Forward Compressor
- Clear Q - Parametric EQ
- Power EX - Expander
- VEQ-HLF - Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF
- Auraverb - Reverb
- BA-31 - Germanium Mic Preamp
- Power Gate - Noise Gate
- A-Tuner - Guitar Tuner
- Plexi 59 (UK) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Bass SuperTube VR - Tube Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 (US) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Top30 (UK) Bright - Tube Guitar Amp
- Tweed Deluxe (US) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Overange 120 (UK) - Tube Guitar Amp
- BurnSphere (DE) Lead - Tube Guitar Amp
- Marcus II (US) Lead - Tube Guitar Amp
- Modern (US) CH3 - Tube Guitar Amp
- Rock 75 (UK) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Rock 22.10 (UK) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 2x12 - 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Top30 2x12 - 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Modern 4x12 - 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 2x12 - 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Vintage 4x12 - 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 4x12 - 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Caliper 50 1x10 - 1x10 Guitar Cabinet
- Bluelux 1x12 - 1x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Clst 1x12 - 1x12 Guitar Cabinet
- England 4x12 - 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Bass Tube 1x15 - 1x15 Guitar Cabinet
6 x Mic / Line Inputs
2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs
1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
2 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
1 x Line Out (8 channels) on DB25, +20 dBu max
2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range: -122 dB (A-weighted)
THD: -116 dB
Max input: +18 dBu
Max Gain: 65 dB
D/A Monitor Converter
Dynamic Range: 130 dB
THD + N: -115 dB
Dynamic Range: 122 dB
THD + N: -116 dB
D/A Converters(Line Out)
Dynamic Range: 121 dB
THD + N: - 100dB
2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
1 x S/PDIF
2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
1 x S/PDIF
USB 2.0 I/O
USB 2.0 Type B connector
Thunderbolt connector 3 on USB-C
Word Clock Input
1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
Word Clock Outputs
3 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
Sample Rates (kHz)
32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs
Width: 483 mm / 19”
Height: 44 mm / 1.7”
Depth: 220 mm /8.6”
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent by the shipping method of sender's choice unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- Refunds by e-transfer will be issued to the email address that is associated with your customer profile. The password will be sent to you in a separate email once the refund has been issued. Please note that a $5 service fee will be deducted from your total refund amount if:
-> a change of email address is requested once the e-transfer has already been sent
-> a typo or error has been made in the email address that is associated to your customer profile
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.