Edge Solo is a high-quality single-capsule large-diaphragm condenser microphone by Antelope Audio. Combined with Antelope’s cutting-edge modeling technology, it allows users to emulate 18 of the world’s most iconic vintage microphones with uncanny accuracy. The Edge Solo features modeling that was performed in one of the most respected facilities in Germany using an exquisitely preserved collection of classic microphones. Find the full list of Edge Solo emulations below.
High-performance custom design
Edge Solo was specifically designed as the perfect source to model any vintage cardioid-pattern microphone. Antelope’s Edge microphones are in a class of their own thanks to extensive testing and a design philosophy that ensures an accurate yet natural sounding result.
Designed and built in Europe, Edge Solo features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane, low-resonance body and low-reflection headbasket. Edge Solo also boasts custom electronics designed by Antelope’s award-winning engineers, and it delivers exceptional dynamic range and frequency response, resulting in an excellent microphone even before choosing your favorite vintage mic flavor.
Unlike the multi-capsule modeling microphones in the Edge series, Solo features a fixed cardioid pickup pattern and feeds a single mono XLR input channel on your interface. This makes it very easy to use. Simply take it out of its case, plug it in, pick one of the 18 available emulations and start tracking.
Compatible with any system
The Edge emulations are optimized to perform with Antelope’s precision mic preamps and converters for maximum accuracy. Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces feature built-in FPGA processing capabilities that allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
Edge Solo also includes Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we’ve come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling and precise floating-point calculations.
*iLok 2 or 3 required. Not included in the pack.
About the new Edge Family
Building on the success of the acclaimed Edge modeling mic, the new Edge Family from Antelope Audio features three new large-diaphragm condenser mics – the fixed cardioid Edge Solo, the multi-pattern Edge Duo and the dual-capsule, four-output Edge Quadro, capable of 360° stereo recording.
Together with Antelope’s constantly expanding range of FPGA and native AFX mic emulation plug-ins, the Edge Family makes Antelope’s unrivalled mic modeling technology available to an even wider range of users and recording applications.
- Stunningly accurate and lifelike mic modeling
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Impressive dynamic range and frequency response
- Monosonic large-diaphragm single capsule microphone
- Fixed cardioid characteristics
- Ultra-low resonance headbasket and body construction
- Ever-expanding library of the world’s most renowned microphones (cardioid pattern only)
Berlin 47 FT
Berlin V563 cardioid capsule
Berlin 47 TU
Microphone type: Condenser microphone
Diaphragm: Large condenser, single-sided 6u gold-sputtered membrane
Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
Polar pattern: Cardioid (fixed)
Freq. response: 20HZ ~ 20KHZ
Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
Power requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
Output connector: 3-pin male XLR
Color: Black matte
Breakout cable: Not included (standard 3-pin XLR cable)
Mount: Not included
Case: Standard small suitcase
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent by the shipping method of sender's choice unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- Refunds by e-transfer will be issued to the email address that is associated with your customer profile. The password will be sent to you in a separate email once the refund has been issued. Please note that a $5 service fee will be deducted from your total refund amount if:
-> a change of email address is requested once the e-transfer has already been sent
-> a typo or error has been made in the email address that is associated to your customer profile
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.