The Hughes & Kettner TriAmp Mark 3 is a 145W tube amplifier head designed to provide versatile tones, multiple tube configurations, and MIDI programmability for guitarists in rehearsals, recording sessions, and live performances. It features fifteen tubes, six channels, and three power amps capable of driving 4, 8, or 16 Ohms speaker cabinets via four 1/4" speaker outputs. By choosing different combinations of power tubes via three dedicated switches, the output power can be set to 72, 84, 126, 132, or 145 watts. Utilize the front-panel buttons or the supplied 7-button MIDI board to select channels, boost, and more.
Each of the six channels offers treble, mid, bass, gain, and master controls, while the master section includes volume, presence, and resonance parameters. Use the adjustable noise gate to minimize hiss and hum when you're not playing. Integrate stompboxes via the selectable 1/4" effects loop, which can be run in series or parallel. An XLR 3-pin jack delivers a balanced DI output for direct connection to a mixing console or audio interface. Red Box AE (ambience emulation) brings configurable cabinet emulation with choices including low cut and two cabinet modes.
Integrated TSC (Tube Safety Control) keeps the tubes biased properly and shows tube status via rear-panel LEDs. You can even swap the factory-installed tubes for different models; TSC automatically adjusts the bias. For increased protection during transport and storage, the TriAmp Mark 3 is supplied with a protective cover.
- One 7025/E83CC input tube, one 12AX7 preamp tube, five ECC83 preamp tubes, one ECC83 FX buffer tube, and one ECC83 power amp driver tube
- Six power amp tubes—two EL34B and four 6L6GC
- Six independent channels—'50s Californian Clean, '60s British Clean, '70s British Lead, '80s Brown Sound, '90s Californian High Gain, and Modern-Day High Gain and Beyond
- Per-channel gain, treble, mid, bass, and master controls
- Three independent power amps with selectable power amp tube configurations
- Selectable stomp boost on input stage
- Integrated TSC (Tube Safety Control) automatically adjusts tube bias and indicates tube status via two LEDs
- Swap factory tubes for other models (available separately) such as KT66, KT77, KT88, 6550, 5881, 7581, and 6CA7 without having to manually rebias
- Selectable 1/4" effects loop with FX level, selectable -10 dB pad, and switchable series/parallel mode
- 1/4" jacks for preamp output and power amp input
- Rear-panel XLR DI output with Red Box AE customizable cabinet emulation
- 4, 8, and 16 Ohms 1/4" speaker outputs
- Included FSM 432 MK III MIDI board offers 128 presets and seven buttons for hands-free control of the amp
- Selectable noise gate with adjustable hard-to-soft parameter
- Variable panel lighting brightness
- 7-pin MIDI input and 5-pin MIDI out/thru