The Hotone Binary Eko is a stompbox for electric instruments; one that utilizes a dual-DSP engine to give you access to multiple types of delays and echoes. Using Hotone’s CDCM modeling system, the pedal offers emulations of many famous delay pedals as well as a few original delays in various styles.
The pedal features a dual-footswitch design and multiple buttons to make editing patches, switching among them, instantiating tap tempo and more, an easy, intuitive affair. The functionality of the Binary Eko’s knobs changes depending on the effect selected, giving you individualistic controls over the various emulations provided in the pedal. You can tweak and save patches, saving them in one of ten slots, and cycling among them with a footswitch.
Stereo outputs are provided to allow for even wider sounds when paired with ping pong delays and the like. A single 1/4" jack is on hand into which you can plug a guitar or a stereo instrument using a Y-cable to make the connection. An expression pedal jack facilitates continuous control over applicable parameters (so long as you have a compatible expression pedal), and a USB jack lets you load and manage effects from compatible software or update the pedal’s firmware as need be. A 9V power supply is included.
Features at a Glance
- Utilizes XTOMP technology
- Easy-to-use, dual-footswitch delay pedal with tap tempo
- CDCM modeling system ensures realistic playing experience
- Dual DSP-powered platform
- 24-bit A/D/A conversion, up to 110 dB S/N ratio
- 17 delay effects including CDCM-based classics and Hotone originals
- Variable maximum delay time ranging from 1000 ms to 4000 ms
- Tap Tempo function with Tap Divide
- Stereo I/Os
- EXP jack for expression pedal control
- USB jack for firmware upgrading, loading/managing effects with free PC/Mac software
- 10 presets (2 banks of 5 patches)
- Built-in OLED screen with clear display
- 5 transparent knobs with LEDs
- 9 VDC power supply
Controls at a Glance
- On/Off footswitch: This engages or bypasses the pedal
- Patch/Tap footswitch: This footswitch selects among patches when tapped; when held down, it allows you to enter tap tempo mode
- +/- buttons: These select effects and adjust parameters
- Global button: For setting the expression pedal, input mode, and other parameters
- Save/Exit button: This saves or cancels parameter changes
- OLED screen: This displays your banks and patches, shows setting values and other operation information
- Mix knob: This controls the wet/dry balance; operation varies with the selected effect
- A/B knobs: These control aspects of each setting; operation varies with the selected effect
- F.Back knob: This controls the delay feedback amount; operation varies with the selected effect
- Time: This controls delay time; in tap tempo mode, its associated LED will keep flashing
- Dream Eko: Based on BBD analog delay with repeat rate control
- 80 Eko Based on Maxon AD: AD80
- MEMO Eko: Based on Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man
- 900 Eko: Based on Maxon AD900
- 999 Eko: Based on Maxon AD999
- PURE Eko: Pure delay effect
- Warm Eko: Delay with warm, analog-feel feedback
- Tape Eko: Simulates vintage echo tape machine
- Tube Eko: Simulates tube driven echo machine
- Vintage Rack: Simulates 1980’s rack digital delay with slightly down-sampled feedback
- Dual Eko: Dual delay effect with pure feedback
- Ping Pong: Delay effect that bounced between left and right channels
- Sweep Eko: Delay effect with a sweeping filter
- Tremolo Eko: Delay effect with tremolo modulation
- Lofi Eko: Delay with sample-reduced feedback
- Ring Eko: Delay with ring-modulated feedback
- Slap Back: Simulates vintage slap-back echo sound
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent by the shipping method of sender's choice unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- Refunds by e-transfer will be issued to the email address that is associated with your customer profile. The password will be sent to you in a separate email once the refund has been issued. Please note that a $5 service fee will be deducted from your total refund amount if:
-> a change of email address is requested once the e-transfer has already been sent
-> a typo or error has been made in the email address that is associated to your customer profile
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this