The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
- High-efficiency 1300 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-18SP utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- Two XLR outputs for easy system expansion to additional loudspeakers or subwoofers. Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension. Metal grille reinforcement bar (two on the 18SP). M20 threaded pole mount plate.
- Connector Type (2) XLR/TRS combo jacks and (2) XLR link outputs
- Enclosure Material 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 35 Hz - 180 Hz Half Space Measurement
- Frequency Response (-3 dB) 40 Hz - 150 Hz Half Space Measurement
- Grill 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- LF Transducer EVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)
- Low Pass Frequency Adjustable: 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz
- Maximum SPL 134 dB peak dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output.
- Power Consumption 1.8 A Current rating is 1/8 power
- Power Rating 1300 W
- Shipping Weight 41.2 kg (90.83 lbs)
- Height 12RU 520 mm (20.47")
- Width 606 mm (23.86")
- Depth 612 mm (24.09")
- Weight Net 32.8 kg (72.31 lbs)