BOSS RC-202 LOOP STATION
The RC-202 Loop Station from BOSS is a table-top looping/multi-effects unit designed to be operated by hand. Taking its inspiration from the RC-505, this device offers a similar interface, adding a panoply of new features for good measure. You're able to access four input effects and four track effects at the same time, and you can save loops to its memory banks in real time, whilst performing.
The RC-202 offers two stereo loops with dedicated controls and animated status indicators, with the ability to create your loops via XLR mic input, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and a stereo auxiliary input, and MIDI controls, all of which can be used simultaneously to create multi-layered performances in real time.
You can use the USB connection to archive any loops you create, or conversely, to access sounds for sampler-style triggering. The RC-202 is also a USB audio/MIDI interface able to communicate with most DAWs, thus allowing you to integrate your laptop into your performance, record audio, and sync MIDI.
- Notable Features
- 2x simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and loop-status indicators
- 4x input effects and 4x track effects simultaneously available for processing loops with DJ and sampler-style effects
- 64 phrase memories (8 memories x 8 banks), each containing two phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- Expanded external control via optional footswitches or expression pedal and MIDI
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- 17x onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computers