AUDIX D2 DYNAMIC INSTRUMENT MICROPHONE
The Audix D2 is well suited for use in stage, studio, and broadcast applications, and features the frequency and sensitivity response required for accurately reproducing signals from drums and percussion instruments. The mic has a dynamic element capable of reproducing signals with high transient peaks, while maintaining a clear, punchy, and warm sound.
The D2 offers a frequency response of 68 Hz to 18 kHz which features a slight bump in the mid-bass frequencies. The contoured mid-bass response accentuates the tonal frequencies associated with instruments that have a percussive nature, such as rack toms, congas, floor toms, saxophone, brass, horns, as well as guitar and bass cabinets. The hypercardioid polar pattern provides a tight pickup area at the front of the capsule for isolation and feedback control, and it is equipped with a VLM (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction. Ambiance and noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone are greatly reduced, resulting in high signal-to-noise ratio.
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
- The hypercardioid polar pattern is effective in eliminating noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone
- Contoured Mid-Bass Frequency Response
- The D2 features a frequency response of 68 Hz to 18 kHz. A mid-bass bump accentuates the tonal response of floor toms, congas, and more
- High SPL Handling
- The D2 can accurately handle signals with sound pressure levels registering at 144 dB. Transient peaks are reproduced without distortion due to overload