Hammond's Next-Gen Sk
The Skx Stage Keyboard is the most compact and lightest-weight full-featured dual-manual organ Hammond has ever made. Evolving from the company's acclaimed Sk range of keyboards, the Skx incorporates design recommendations from dedicated Hammond organists worldwide. The result is the best Sk yet — a serious professional instrument with three sets of Harmonic Drawbars, Vibrato-Chorus, Touch-Response Percussion, and digital Leslie — as well as a complete palette of the most coveted Keyboard Voices, such as Grand Pianos, Electric Pianos, Clavs, Orchestral and Percussive voices, and more, any of which can be combined with the Tonewheel voices, or with each other, in the Skx's dual Extra Voice divisions. In the Organ division, you have 32 ranks of Hi-Def Classical Pipe Organ voices, as well as meticulous models of two popular 1960s combo organs that play exactly like the originals.
Innovations across the board
The Skx features improvements to the expanded Voice Library memory, letting you install your choice of custom voices downloaded free from Hammond's website. Now standard are multiple banks of popular preset collections, as well as a new set of Hammond artist factory presets. A blast from the past, the Skx now includes the traditional 11-pin Leslie jack for connecting a Leslie speaker cabinet. You can even add the classic Half-Moon switch (available separately) to control the speed of either the onboard digital Leslie or an external Leslie cabinet.
Three sets of drawbars
Pro organists require an independent set of drawbars for each manual, as well as the pedal clavier. The Skx obliges, with three sets of real drawbars — like every classic Hammond organ — allowing you to register both manuals and the pedal in traditional fashion.
Dual independent Extra Voice divisions
The Skx features two independent Extra Voice divisions that allow you to layer different voices on one manual or assign a different voice to each. You can also combine the extra voices with Tonewheel, Transistor, or Pipe Organ voices. Balancing between the selected extra voices is easily controlled via the Skx's dedicated Mix/Balance knob. The inclusion of Hi-Definition Acoustic and Electric Pianos, Clav, Bass, and Accordion voices in the Skx complement its Organ tones, giving you the comprehensive foundation of a serious keyboard rig. The Skx’s sophisticated keying system replicates the feel of a weighted keyboard when playing piano voices, while remaining responsive to organ techniques. Beyond that are Orchestral Voices-Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass, many featuring Hammond’s exclusive ProChord, which brings complex voicings to single key play based on chords you supply. Further, to expand your Skx however you choose, an extensive library of extra voices is available for free download from Hammond's website.
Studio and stage ready
The Hammond Skx is designed to be easy to use onstage and off. You can define your 10 most-used patches from the 100 User and 100 Factory patches and assign them to the 10 Favorite quick-recall buttons on the control panel. For even more versatility, there are 10 new additional banks of Favorites available for instant recall. The Skx also has an expanded Extra Voice Library memory that lets you load in more voices downloaded from the Hammond website.
Vintage organ sounds, no moving parts
The Skx’s authentic Hammond tone is produced by a Virtual Tonewheel Generator that closely follows Mr. Hammond’s original design but is executed without moving parts in the digital realm. This provides all the unique sonic characteristics and imperfections that have come to define the classic Hammond sound. In the factory, the Skx is set to the same tolerances as a B-3 was during its production run, but digital control — including the Touch-Response Percussion found on vintage Hammonds — allows you to sculpt nearly every aspect of the sound. Beyond the tonewheel, Hammond's Wave Composition system adds the vintage Transistor Combo Organ Voices plus 32 ranks of Hi-Def Classical Pipe Organ Voices. No matter the genre, the Skx is ready to ace the gig.
The classic Chorus-Vibrato
As the Virtual Tonewheel Generator delivers tonal accuracy, the classic Hammond Mechanical Scanner is digitally modeled for the timeless Chorus-Vibrato effect. You can apply Chorus-Vibrato to each manual, and again, nearly every aspect of the effect can be customized, including the age-and-wear characteristics so coveted by discerning organists.
Definitive digital Leslie
Over seven decades of building Don Leslie’s rotary speaker system has given Hammond the edge in developing the definitive digital realization of this classic, which includes eight factory profiles of the most famous Leslie models plus eight user-definable profiles that allow you to tailor and register the response for instant recall. The sonic accuracy is astounding. With that said, should you wish to connect a physical Leslie cabinet, the Skx has a traditional 11-pin jack on its rear panel, and the onboard controls (including the optional CU-1 Half-Moon switch) operate exactly as you'd expect.
The Skx's Organ and Extra Voice divisions each feature an independent, studio-grade DSP multi-effects unit that includes Overdrive, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Wah-Wah, Ring Modulator, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Delay, and Reverb.
The soul of a legend
The Skx packs the soul of the legendary Hammond B-3 tonewheel organ, along with state-of-the-art technical refinements, into a portable keyboard you can tuck under your arm. If you've always lusted after those swirling vintage organ tones but don't have a road crew and a tractor-trailer, here's your chance. Hook up with the Hammond Skx and give your music some lovin'!
Hammond Skx Dual Manual Organ Features:
- Octave switching lets you independently raise or lower the upper and lower manual’s range by 1 octave
- Pedal Sustain allows the Pedal voice to smoothly decay upon release, similar to a double string bass
- Manual Bass allows the Pedal part to be played on the lower manual of the Skx
- Lower to Pedal couples the lower manual registration to the Pedal part
- Transpose lets you shift the entire pitch of the keyboard to match vocalists, soloists, and other instruments, or to simplify key changes
- Master Equalizer with Bass/Mid Gain/Mid Frequency/Treble
- ProChord allows complex voicings to be played with 1 finger
- MIDI Master Keyboard mode with 3 external zones on the upper manual; 2 on the lower; 1 on the Pedal Clavier
- Music Player allows WAV/MP3 audio files to be controlled and played through the audio outputs
- Rear-panel 11-pin Leslie jack for connecting a physical Leslie cabinet
- USB Type A port for saving/loading setups, system updates, downloaded Extra Voice libraries, and the music player
- MIDI in/out ports
- Audio: Line Out L, R, Headphones
- Footswitch, damper pedal, expression pedal jacks
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.