The Smallest NDI on the Planet.
4K NDI in an incredibly small package. Flex delivers everything you have come to expect from BirdDog’s one cable solution including Tally, Audio, Video, PTZ Control, Audio Intercom and Power along a single Ethernet cable.
With 3 models to choose from in the Flex Family, Flex is perfect for all your workflow needs.
Small is the New Big.
With a footprint only slightly larger than a credit card, Flex are the world’s smallest 4K NDI Encoders and Decoders. Because sometimes the biggest things are also the smallest.
One Cable to Rule Them All. Now with added power.
BirdDog’s revolutionary Studio NDI gave the world NDI, Power, Video, Audio, Tally, and Audio Intercom all down a single Ethernet cable. Flex 4K IN and Flex 4K BACKPACK take it one step even further and provides an additional 15w extra power allowing you to use the DC output to power your monitor, recorder, or even your camera.
Cool touch thermals.
Sometimes the biggest features are also the least obvious. Flex 4K NDI has unmatched thermal design and whisper quiet fans to keep Flex cool and fresh even on the hottest days and in direct sunlight.
Halo Tally. It just works.
Flex’s revolutionary Halo Tally system is built right into the Flex Family and requires zero configuration when connected with any NDI enabled, software based, production system. The Halo Tally is designed to be seen by the camera operators as well as the on-air talent.
Adaptive bit rate. Slide your way to glory.
Full NDI® is a variable bit rate codec. In normal circumstances BirdDog recommends allowing around 140Mbps in HD, or 6 streams per 1GbE cable with some headroom. In 4K it is recommended to allow around 300Mbps or 3 streams with some headroom to allow for any unforeseen spikes.
The Ultimate PTZ Sidekick.
If you aren't lucky enough to own a BirdDog PTZ camera with Full NDI natively then Flex can become the ultimate sidekick. Plug your PTZ camera into Flex via HDMI, attach the optional BirdDog PTZ control cable for full PTZ pass through control. This makes Flex the perfect upgrade for your PTZ camera while waiting for Santa to bring you a Full NDI BirdDog PTZ.
Flex 4K NDI family can support Dante input and output via the 3.5mm audio jack or the HDMI input on Flex IN and Flex BACKPACK. Flip Dante out of the NDI stream or embed Dante into the NDI stream. The choice is yours.
100% Recyclable packaging. We love Pachamama.
Every element of Flex packaging is 100% recyclable and we use soy based ink to further reduce our foot print. There are no printed manuals, you can download the most up to date version at any time from our website.
RESTful API. DIY automation.
Download the free BirdDog RESTful API and program your own automation for all BirdDog hardware endpoints, including cameras.
The optional camera mount adds a 1-4”/20 female thread for mounting onto ball heads and magic arms to pimp your rig the way you want it. Sold Separately
Flex 4K Family includes free Central Lite NDI Routing software. Team up Central Lite with any NDI® source, including all BirdDog hardware capable of creating NDI® sources, you can now drive your NDI® streams to any BirdDog Studio NDI or Mini to decode NDI® back to SDI or HDMI.
Flex 4K Family includes free Comms Lite, your free Audio Intercom solution. With support for four BirdDog devices, plus a director, Comms Lite is a great way to start using Audio Intercom in your live productions.
- SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT
- (UHD) 2160p 25, 29.97, 30
- (HD) 1080p 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1080i 50, 59.97
- (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- VIDEO I/O CONNECTIVITY
- HDMI 2.0 Input (Flex IN, Flex BACKPACK)
- HDMI 2.0 Output (Flex OUT)
- AUDIO INPUT
- HDMI: 2Ch, 48kHz
- 3.5mm AUDIO: Microphone/line input
- AUDIO OUTPUT
- HDMI: 2Ch, 48kHz
- 3.5mm AUDIO: Stereo Headphone/line output
- VIDEO CODEC SUPPORT
- NDI (Full bandwidth i-frame compression)
- Integrated Tricolour Halo Tally
- PTZ Control
- 2.5mm 4-pole RS232 (VISCA)
- NETWORK CONNECTIVITY
- Ethernet RJ45 1000baseT w/integrated PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Embedded Web Configuration Panel
- WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Size: 107×63×42.5mm
- Weight: 150g
- DC Input: DC 12v (30w max)
- PoE (Power over Ethernet): PoE+ 802.3at
- DC Output: DC 12v (15w max) via DC out connector or NP Style battery output (BACKPACK ONLY)
- SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.