AKG P820 TUBE MULTI-PATTERN TUBE CONDENSER MICROPHONE
The P820 from AKG is a multi-pattern side-address condenser microphone with a tube preamp well suited to record female & male vocals, brass instruments, guitars, and drums, in professional and project-studio settings. With a large 1" gold-sputtered dual-diaphragm capable of handling sound-pressure levels up to 155 dB and ECC83 dual-triode circuitry that adds even-order harmonics to the signal, this microphone delivers the typical warmth and three-dimensional sound tube microphones are famous for.
The P820 connects to its remote control via a dedicated 7-pin XLR audio/control cable. Nine discreet polar patterns can be selected from the control unit. These patterns are virtually frequency-independent so that reflected sound is reproduced accurately and without coloration. Also located on the control unit you will find a switchable low-cut filter at 80 Hz to help reduce rumble & wind noise, and a switchable 20 dB pad for distortion-free recording of loud sound sources when close-miking.
The P820 is built to resist high temperatures and humidity. The all-metal body and sturdy front grille improve rejection of RF interference and protect the microphone from the rigors of studio handling.
- Side-address tube microphone with dual 1” gold-sputtered large diaphragm to prevent shorting to the back electrode at high sound-pressure levels
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8, wide cardioid, and the intermediate patterns in between (selectable on remote-control unit)
- Capable of handling sound-pressure levels up to 155 dB with no apparent distortion
- Low-cut filter at 80 Hz and 20 dB pad (selectable on remote-control unit)
- All-metal body for rejection of RF interference
- Sturdy front grille protects microphone from tough handling
- Built to resist high temperatures and humidity
- US-type, UK-type & European-type power cords included
- Spider-type shockmount and metal carrying case included