Styled in black, the SPL Phonitor xe is a headphone amplifier with a built-in 32-bit DAC. It's designed for pro audio and hi-fi applications. On the analog side, it sports XLR and RCA inputs, while digital connections are secured over S/PDIF, TOSLINK, USB, or AES connections. You can switch among the inputs with a prominent Source knob. Output jacks for headphones are provided on both the front and rear of the Phonitor xe.
You'll note one set of 4-pin XLR inputs for balanced headphones, and one set for conventional, 1/4" unbalanced headphones. You can switch between the inputs on the front and rear, so you can compare different sets of headphones easily. Please note that you cannot use both balanced and unbalanced headphones at the same time.
Of interest to audiophiles who usually prefer loudspeakers is the Phonitor Matrix, which aims to create an experience akin to listening to studio monitors. It simulates the effect of audio emanating from one speaker hitting the opposing ear. More than a simple crossfeed controller, this Matrix can simulate different-sized listening environments and different speaker angles.
This application is designed not only to promote a more realistic listening experience, but to reduce listener fatigue. The control for this is variable: you can set the level of crossfeed, as well as the simulated speaker angle to emulate a variety of speaker-placement scenarios. Ideally, you'd set this control to correspond to your actual loudspeaker arrangement.
You'll also note a Mode switch that dictates several types of operation. Stereo and mono playback modes are achievable through this switch, as is a Laterality mode. Laterality aims to correct the mix for any hearing damage you might have incurred throughout your long career of mixing/listening to records; if you experience broadband hearing in the left ear, for example, you can favor more signal coming into the left channel. You're given 2.25 dB of range for this control, making the adjustments very fine indeed.
Via DIP switches on the bottom of the unit, you can drive headphones that require more output power, or change the sensitivity of the RCA input between -10 dBV and 0 dBu. The Phonitor xe utilizes SPL's VOLTAiR 120V Rail Technology to maintain high-headroom and preserve audio clarity by processing audio signals with ?60 VDC of power.
Headphone Outputs on the Front and Back
Dual Power Amp for Balanced Headphones
Remote Control Compatibility
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.