Radial Prod8 8 Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box
QUESTIONS? ASK AN EXPERT
☏ 1+(514) 225-22226 | ✉ email@example.com | ⌨ Chat With Us!
The ProD8 from Radial Engineering is an eight channel passive direct box mounted in a 19" rack-mount chassis that does not require any powering to make it work. The high performance Radial transformers are extremely efficient and will both balance the signal and convert the high source impedance of a keyboard to a balanced, microphone level low impedance output.
All channels are identical and completely isolated. Each channel features two inputs that are merged to mono using a resistive mixer. This means the user can use either input for a mono source. For a stereo source such as a synthesizer or digital piano, connecting the instrument to the two inputs will yield a mono mix at the XLR output.
For those wishing to connect a high output device like a CD player to the unit, a -15dB pad reduces the input level going to the transformer and avoids saturation. The 1/4" THRU connector is a direct feed that is used for a personal monitoring system. A 180° polarity reverse switch is internally mounted and factory set with pin-2 hot.
An effects-loop on every channel allows the two inputs on each channel to share the same effects processor. The THRU output can be assigned either pre or post the effects-loop depending on individual requirements. For greater system setup flexibility, the ProD8 features a reversible set of rack ears that allows the 1/4" input panel or the XLR output panel to be positioned at the front or back.
- Eight-channel rack-mount direct box
- 100% discreet Class-A electronics
- Each channel transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- Each channel features an effects-loop that works like an insert on a mixing console
- Pad switch engages a -15dB pad to reduce the input level and prevent overload from high output devices
- Military-grade double-sided PCB is bolted to steel standoffs for road-tough construction
- Connectors are 100% electrically isolated from the chassis
- Can drive a guitar signal 300 feet without loss