Radial J33 Turntable Preamp And Direct Box
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
The J33 from Radial is designed specifically for use with turntables and is a combination RIAA turntable preamp and active direct box. This allows vinyl albums (LP's) to be connected directly to a microphone preamp in a mixing console. The unit is ideally suited for archiving, sampling, scratch performances and DJ mixing when the highest possible sound quality is required.
The J33 is designed for use with magnetic cartridges only (the box does not support active cartridges) and the choice of outputs makes the unit very flexible. It can feed a hi-Z input such as a DJ system, and a low-Z input such as a pro-mixing console at the same time. It can be used solely as an RIAA preamp with hi-fi equipment or as an RIAA preamp and direct box combination.
The J33 may be powered with 48V phantom when used with a mixing console, or with the included power supply when phantom is not available. Housed in a heavy-duty enclosure that makes it impossible to torque the PC board, the outer shell of the J33 features a book-end design that protects the connectors and switches.
- Turntable preamp and direct box combination with RIAA EQ curve for proper playback response
- Designed specifically for magnetic turntable cartridges
- Multiple outputs for usage flexibility
- Rumble filter stops low-frequency feedback
- Applications include pro DJ touring and night clubs, archiving vinyl records, recording digital samples from vinyl and recording scratch performances
- Full bottom pad improves electrical isolation and keeps the unit from moving around on busy stages
- Eliminates need for DJ mixer
- Can be used as hi-fi turntable preamp
- Powered by 48V phantom or external supply