Perspex Sphere Omni Small Diaphragm Bottle Cap for Blue Bottle Series Microphones
The Bottle Caps are Blue's innovative system of nine interchangeable capsules, each offering the recordist a different tonal characteristic and pickup pattern. From airy highs to larger-than-life lows, the Bottle Caps capture anything from vocals to bass, wind instruments to horns - and everything in between with a level of detail and clarity found in only the most expensive and rare vintage classics. The Bottle Caps work with Blue's Bottle, Bottle Rocket Stage 2, and Bottle Rocket Stage 1 mics, or any microphone with a foundation for interchangable capsules. Each capsule in the series is numbered from B0 to B8, and each has their own unique sound. You can explore any of them by clicking on the numbered capsule links above.B0: Cardioid large Diaphragm: The ultimate big vocal sound:
B1: Cardioid Small Diaphragm: The accuracy plus capsule:
- Superior bright, silky, and intimate presence
- Suggested Applications: Background and lead vocals, guitar, mandolin, percussion; any source where extended top end is featured.
- Sonic accuracy with extended high frequency response
- Suggested Applications: Nylon or steel-string acoustic guitar, accordion, drum overheads, metal percussion, hi-hat, small pitched percussion such as toy piano or marimba, room or ambient miking, foley and sound effect
recording, strings and orchestral recording.
B2: Figure of Eight Large Diaphragm: The vintage capsule:
B3: Cardioid Mid-Sized Diaphragm: The neutral capsule:
- Big, warm sound of vintage ribbon mic
- Suggested Applications: Emulation of vintage saxophone, brass, guitar, or vocal sounds, jazz ensembles and horn sections, muted trumpet, flugelhorn and other low brass instruments, clarinet, overly bright or "edgy" instruments, room miking, acoustic bass, cello and other bowed string instruments, electric bass, clean or distorted electric guitar, pedal steel and slide guitar, whistling, organ.
B4: Perspex Sphere Pressure Omni Small Diaphragm: The big omni:
- Very transparent, neutral sound
- Suggested Applications: Female vocals, distant miking of orchestral groups and instruments, banjo, mandolin, resonator guitar, jazz guitar, distorted electric guitar, electric bass, a natural or "folky" tone on nylon and steel-string acoustic guitar, oboe, bassoon and other double reeds, organ.
B5: Pressure Omni Large Diaphragm: The presence omni:
- Sweet highs, robust lows, unique design and sound perfect for ambient recording
- Suggested Applications: Orchestral sounds, classical instrumentation, background vocals, organ, accordion, distant miking of any source, particularly bowed strings, and drums.
B6: Cardioid Large Diaphragm Dual Backplate: The Blue Standard/The modern presence vocal sound:
- Very unique compressed quality, extremely accentuated low and high frequency response
- Suggested Applications: Acoustic guitar, percussion, any highly transient sources, any acoustic sources that need very close miking or extra presence boosting to cut through a dense mix.
B7: Cardioid Large Diaphragm Single Backplate: The classic vocal sound:
- "Larger than life" sound - enhanced lows and high frequency presence
- Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, voiceovers, percussion, piano, vibraphone, accordion, clean electric guitar, jazz guitar, and distant miking of acoustic or resonator guitar.
B8: Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser: The versatile capsule:
- Classic vintage detailed mids with airy presence
- Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, saxophone, flugelhorn, clean or distorted electric guitar, pedal steel and slide guitar, organ, conventional jazz recording.
- The best choice if only using one capsule - crystal clear sound quality and excellent detail for a wide range of recording applications
- Suggested applications: Male & female lead vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, drums, drum overheads, percussion, piano, horns and strings.