Ashly Mx-406 Six Channel Rackmountable Stereo Line And Microphone Mixer
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
Ashly MX406 overview
The Ashly MX-406 is a six input audio mixer with line and microphone inputs on each channel. The MX-406 may be used to supplement larger consoles or for use as a stand alone mixer in sound-reinforcement, portable installations and project studios. The MX-406 features six studio grade, low-noise XLR and 1/4" combination connectors that are capable of microphone and line level signal. Each input features -20, -40 and -60dB input gain control settings.
All mic preamps are capable of supplying +48V phantom power (globally switched) to condenser microphones. The output section features stereo balanced 1/4" phone line XLR mono connectors. Unbalanced L/R RCA stereo connections are featured for connecting player / recorder devices. 1/4" TRS Phone inserts are featured on all inputs and enable routing to external signal processors. The front panel features Level, Pan and a 3-band EQ control. Its compact, 2U (two space) rackmount design allows easy storage and transport for mobile use.
- Six Microphone and Line Inputs
- The MX-406 six channel microphone mixer features low noise XLR and 1/4" Phone connectors on all input channels. Each channel accepts microphone and line level signal.
- Stereo and Mono Output
- The output section features a stereo balanced 1/4" phone line and single XLR mono line output connection.
- Stereo AUX Input
- A L/R unbalanced stereo RCA Aux input can be used for playback devices such as CD and cassette players, as well as signals from other mixers.
- Pad Switches
- Every channel features a Pad switch that provides the attenuation needed to avoid overload from microphones that output high gain levels.
- Gain Switches
- The front panel features -20, -40 & -60dB input level gain switches.
- Pan Control
- All channels feature level and Pan control for complete control over signal placement within the stereo field.
- +48 Volt Phantom Power
- All input channels provide +48V phantom power for condenser microphones.
Ashly MX406 specs
Total # Of Inputs 6 - Balanced 3-pin XLR & 1/4" Phone Combination Jacks Mic/Line Inputs 6 - Balanced 3-pin XLR Microphone
6 - Balanced 1/4" Phone
Stereo Line Inputs Stereo Line Input: L/R Stereo RCA Phono In-Line Inputs/Returns not applicable AUX Sends Aux Master Output: Single Stereo 1/4" TRS Phone AUX Returns No Inserts Input Channels 1 through 6: Single Stereo 1/4" TRS Phone BUS (Group) Outputs Stereo output bus only 2 Trk Master I/O Stereo Output: L/R Balanced 1/4" TRS Phone Stereo Line Output (Record): L/R RCA Phono ALT I/O Mono Output: Balanced 3-pin XLR Monitor Outputs Headphone Output: 1/4" TRS Phone EQ Section Bass +/- 12dB @ 70Hz, shelving
Treble +/- 12dB @ 8KHz, shelving
Solo/Mute Individual channel Mute switches & Stereo Output Mute switch Channel Level Control Sealed Rotary Potentiometers (POTS) Trim/Gain Control same as Channel Level Phantom Power +48 VDC supplied to all mic inputs Metering PEAK INDICATORS: Peak Clip indicator on each input channel and left and right outputs, illuminates 3dB below clipping Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +0.5 / -1.0dB Dynamic Range Not Specified by Manufacturer Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20Hz - 20kHz noise bandwidth):
Residual Output Noise: <-100dBu TRS outputs, all levels at minimum
Residual Output Noise: <-80dBu Aux Out, Aux Master and all Ch. Aux at nom.
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) Less than 0.05% THD @ +4dBu, 20Hz - 20kHz Power Supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 30 watts Dimensions 19 x 3.50 x 8" (482.60 x 88.9 x 203.2mm) (WxHxD) Weight 15 lbs (6.80 kg)