Akai Force Standalone Music Production Dj Performance System (In Stock)
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
Hybrid music production and performance platforms – we’re thinking of the likes of NI’s Maschine and the Ableton Live/Push combination – have been with us for a while now, so there’s obviously been speculation that, one day, someone would eliminate the need for a computer and produce a completely standalone device. Well, Akai Pro has now taken the plunge and announced Force, a self-contained ‘production instrument’ that adheres to the clip-based workflow that many of us are so drawn to.
As well as clip launching, via an 8x8 RGB matrix, there’s also step sequencing, sampling, effects and a selection of built-in synths (TubeSynth, Bassline, Electric and Hype), while everything can be controlled from a 7-inch multitouch display. The eight touch-sensitive knobs have graphical OLED displays, while connectivity comprises two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O.
• 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
• 7” full color capacitive multitouch display
• Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
• MIDI In/Out/Thru
• 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
• Remix, mash-up, DJ and produce with 6 track types for complete audio/MIDI/CV sequencing and
• Performance Modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
• MPC Sample Editing
• Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
• 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
• 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
• Full-Size SD card slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
• User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)