AKAI EWI5000 ELECTRONIC WIND INSTRUMENT
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
The EWI5000 from Akai Professional combines innovative instrument design, wireless connectivity, and a sound library from SONiVOX to create an expressive and versatile wind instrument. The unit features a responsive mouth piece with an air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor for precisely controlling volume and pitch dynamics. Eight precision dials allow for adjusting instrument or effect parameters on the fly - tweak filter, reverb, chorus, LFO, breath amount, bite amount, semitone tuning, and fine tuning.
With 2.4 GHz low-latency wireless connectivity, the EWI5000 allows for performing freely without being captive to an output cabling. It supports stereo wireless audio and includes a receiver for instant mobility on the stage or in the studio. The instrument also supports wired audio and MIDI connections for integrating with other external performance and production hardware. A 1/4" output can connect directly to a PA system and a 1/8" headphone output allows for private practicing. And since it is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it can be played anywhere.
Multiple finger modes support flute, oboe, and saxophone fingering. An EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) Mode is also included for brass players. The controller ships with more than 3 GB of built- sounds designed by SONiVOX, with instruments that span just about every music genre and provides traditional orchestral sounds (e.g. horn, brass, woodwind, and strings) and non-traditional sounds (e.g. progressive synths, basses, and leads) for immediate access.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included)
- Up to six hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- Eight precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4" audio and 1/8" headphone output
- 3 GB of onboard acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX