Yorkville U15 15-Inch 1000 Watts Full Range Loudspeaker
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
The U15 provides remarkably even high/mid frequency distribution from its 60° x 60° horn assembly. The combination of that conical, constant directivity horn, a 15-inch high power woofer and our unending attention to details, right down to the ideal trapezoidal cabinet design, has yielded an extremely versatile speaker. The U15's Unity™ horn combines a single 1-inch-throat (1.75" diaphragm) compression driver with three 5-inch ceramic magnet midrange drivers firing through time-aligned slots in the horn-wall. This seamlessly blends the mid and high frequencies while providing exceptional power capacity and clarity from 300Hz to 20kHz.
The U15 comes with a high-definition 3-way passive crossover featuring our exclusive PTC™ non-interruptive horn protection. However it can be easily bi-amplified by way of a switch on the rear jackplate, and using the optional UP15 Unity™ processor, designed specifically to optimize the sonic characteristics of the U15. The UP15 has been developed to ensure trouble free, "plug-and-play" operation and further offers a subwoofer output.
The compact and ultra efficient U15 is a trapezoidal shaped, 1000 watt cabinet with a carefully chosen crossover point to seamlessly match the directivity characteristics of the conical horn to the neodymium woofer. With such a compact footprint and weight, the U15 easily finds its home as a FOH speaker, drum monitor, side fill, front or down fill or virtually any situation where a professional quality sound reinforcement system is required. The unparalleled sonic clarity and smooth frequency response also makes it great for music playback. With pre-recorded music the U15 has the hi-fidelity to put it on par with some of the best studio reference monitors. But unlike traditional studio reference monitors, the U15 is capable if putting out a very high-efficiency 1000 watts at 4ohms. The trapezoidal shape was designed with multi-box, tight pack arraying in mind.
Looking at a polar plot for a 3 box, tight-pack array one would notice how extremely well behaved it is. Furthermore, due to the nature of the conical horn, the polar pattern remains quite constant regardless of any vertical, or off-axis rotation put upon it. It acts the same on all vertical axis, making it ideal for use upright or on its' side, without the need to ever rotate the horn.
- 2000 Watt 3-Way Full Range Loudspeaker (1000 Watts Program)
- Max SPL 131dB Peak (128dB Continuous)
- Unique 60° x 60° Unity™ horn assembly combines mid and high frequency drivers on conical horn.
- All four component drivers mounted in a Unity™ horn are mechanically time-aligned to measure and act like a single point source.
- No self-interference between individual loudspeaker components.
- Nine rigging points and internal standmount adapter allow for all possible mounting and flying configurations.
- 15mm 11-ply birch cabinet construction.
- U15 - Black Ozite (Carpet) Finish
- U15B - Black Ultrathane (Painted) Finish
- Made in Canada