Waldorf is proud to announce a new chapter in their tradition of designing high-end ground breaking synthesizers. Starting with Waldorf’s famous wavetable technology developed decades ago, it was always a challenge to give our instruments a powerful flexible beating heart. Our digital oscillators coupled to the enormous power and efficient simplicity of our analog filters started the digital revolution back in the 80’s.
Quantum combines the raw power of a classic digital & analog hybrid synthesizer, with futuristic sounds that are only possible with today’s software synthesizers.
Its 3 Oscillators offer four synthesis algorithms each:
- Waldorf-style Wavetables with the latest additions from Nave, including speech synthesis and wavetable generation from audio
- Classic Synthesizer Waveforms with multiple waves for an ultra fat sounds right out of the oscillators
- Granular Sampler with multi sampling plus traditional sampling mode
- Resonator for virtual sound sculpting
The flexibility emanating from Quantum’s powerful oscillators and their interaction with one another is simply breath-taking. Never before has it ever been possible to create such a wide sonic bandwidth with one synthesizer. Stretching from classic analog, with precise sample playback, through to harsh or animated digital sounds, escalating all the way up to sound and sequence clusters, that can only be achieved with a modular synthesizer system.
Quantum’s beautiful ergonomic and intuitive user panel supports an artist’s workflow with a previously unknown elegance. The carefully crafted array of aluminium knobs and encoders surround an ultra hi-resolution multi touch display. Waldorf engineers spent many long hours perfecting the interaction between the display and the physical control elements. The stunning display is a highly flexible extension of the tactile experience, and is light-years ahead of any synthesizer currently on the market today.
To help understand functional correlations between one knob and another, each control knob is individually illuminated by a multi colour LED. This makes it instantly obvious when viewing complex settings and modulation settings, where related parameters can be adjusted quickly and efficiently. With the help once again of the gorgeous central display, precise settings can be handled with ease, much the same as the experience when using your cutting edge computer tablet.
When the Waldorf engineers decided to develop Quantum, little did they realise it would take several years of painstaking work. There were areas of Quantum that our years of experience with sound generation were bought to the fore. But Quantum is so powerful it took our team into uncharted territory, involving both sound and the way it was felt the musician would interact with it.
Quantum was designed and developed by our dedicated team in Germany. All essential components have been designed, manufactured and assembled here in Germany. This has allowed us to manufacture Quantum with an unparalleled build quality. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank a world class array of sound designers that have contributed to a multi-facetted factory sound set.
- Digital-Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer
- 61 Keys high-quality Fatar TP8S keyboard, channel aftertouch
- 8 voices
- Dual timbral: split or layered mode with separate stereo audio outputs
- 3 stereo digital oscillators each capable of four synthesis algorithms
- Wavetable: Waldorf style with latest additions from Nave including speech synthesis, wavetable generation from audio and new features
- Waveform: Waveform with up to 8 simultaneous waves per Oscillator in detuned or chordal mode with hard-sync, warp & PWM as well as tunable noise
- Particle: Sampler in traditional and granular mode using multi-samples or live input
- Resonator: Exciter using multi-sampling plus filter bank sound model.
- Two analogue lowpass filters per voice each in 24 or 12 dB configuration using innovative link modes
- Digital former: Additional digital algorithms per voice like comb filter, high-pass, band-pass & notch filters (Nave, Largo or PPG models), bit-crusher, drive and more
- Flexible routing system for order of analog filters & digital former and individual oscillator routings
- 6 LFOs in poly and global mode with extensive parameter set
- 6 loopable envelopes
- Komplex: multistage LFO/envelope modulator
- Extensive modulation matrix with 40 slots and easy via-controller assignments
- Intuitive modulation assignment via panel elements and control LEDs
- Master effect rack of 5 slots for each timbre choosing from FX like phaser, flanger, chorus, reverb, drive, eq and more.
- Compressor for main output
- Step sequencer with step recording, parameter automation and scale-based pitch quantization
- Microtonal pitch configurations capable of importing Skala scl files
- Capable of polyphonic aftertouch via external MIDI inputs
- Chord and latch buttons
- Unisono mode
- Module-based preset system for effects, oscillators, step-sequenzer and Komplex modulator
- Single-function potentiometer and encoder controls for intuitive editing
- Visualisation and deeper sound editing via context-sensitive high-resolution capacitive multi-touch display
- Spectrum Analyzer and Oscilloscope at various processing stages
- Up to 10,000 sound patch capacity organized by banks, attributes, author and patch number.
- Favourites lists for quick recall of sound patches like for set-lists etc.
- Pre-loaded with wide variety of patches by acclaimed sound designers like Howard Scarr
- MIDI output of local keyboard, wheels and assignable panel elements
- Automation of sound parameters from MIDI inputs via MIDI CC learn function
- Recording of samples from audio inputs or self-recording of audio outputs
- 4 GB*) internal Flash memory for presets, samples and wavetables
- Pre-loaded with more then 1 GB sample data
- Export & import of presets, sample & wavetable via SD card
- Import of Nave presets
- Mod wheel can be assigned to any parameter which can be modulated in the matrix or via quick assign
- Pitch wheel can be assigned to each oscillator individually
Each of the 3 Oscillators of a single timbre can be used in one of three modes using samples:
- Stereo Multi-Sampler with looping
- Granular Sampler with extensive parameter set
- Resonator model using sampler as exciter
Samples are organized using key and velocity maps, selections rules like round robin, random etc., and individual pitch, gain and pan settings.
Samples are stored in internal Flash memory of about 2GB capacity pre-filled with over 1GB specially made for Quantum factory samples.
New samples can be recorded from external stereo audio inputs, or from self-recording Quantums own engine.
Samples can also be imported an stored to internal Flash via SD card using WAV file format (44.1kHz sample rate).
The Quantum allows for a huge range of sample-based sound design capabilities from classical synths sounds to uncharted territories.
It’s worth noting that the sample use in the Quantum is always within a synthesizer's sonic context, and it is not meant to work as a “bread and butter” sample keyboard to play back like traditional sampling instruments nor third party libraries.
Huge range of arpeggiator parameters:
- 7 Algorithms to choose from like up, down, random etc.
- Octave range
- 7 Sort Orders
- 3 Velocity Modes
- Gate length
- Beat Division
- Rhythmic patterns
- Reset Modes
- Keyboard Latch chordal and non-chordal
If that’s not enough, individual patterns can be created in the step-sequencer including transpositions and scale quantisations.
- 2x stereo audio out for main and aux timbres
- Stereo audio input for sample recording and real-time processing
- High-Quality 24bit A/D and D/A converters
- Headphone out with separate level adjustment
- Sustain pedal input
- Control pedal connector also capable of CV input (0-5V sensitivity)
- USB host type A connector for interfacing MIDI controller
- USB device type B connector for interfacing computer or other class-compliant MIDI USB hosts like iOS devices **)
- SD Card for sample/preset exchange and software updates
- DIN MIDI In, Out & Thru
- Integrated power supply unit
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.