Space-Saving Kit with Shallow-Depth Shells and TD-17 Module
The VAD306 is a unique V-Drums Acoustic Design kit, purposefully compact while maintaining the distinctive acoustic aesthetic of the series. The footprint is the same as a mid-level V-Drums set, making it ideal for home use and tight stages. Cutdown shallow shells save space and weight—but from the playing position, they feel instantly familiar to any drummer. Double-braced stands with tom mounts and cymbal boom arms complete the layout and further enhance the acoustic theme. And with its organic, expressive sound, the TD-17 module provides all the acoustic tone and playability you could ask for, whether drumming for yourself at home or out gigging on the local bar circuit.
Powerful Sound and Realistic Expression
The heart of the VAD306 is the TD-17 module, filled with sounds derived from the acclaimed TD-50 sound engine. It features a vast collection of vintage and modern drums, cymbals, and percussion, all sampled in ultra-high audio detail with every possible velocity and head strike captured. Roland’s unique Prismatic Sound Modeling is then married with these samples to deliver complex, true-to-life tonal range and smooth dynamic transitions between hits. The result is an experience that doesn’t just sound faithfully acoustic—it behaves acoustically too.
Create (and Craft) Your Signature Drum Kit
The TD-17 module features a wide range of ready-to-play kits, including 10 new acoustic-focused presets created for the VAD306. While the preset kits sound fantastic, it’s easy to dive deeper and build your ultimate drum setup with intuitive editing tools. Think of the module as a huge warehouse of drums and cymbals from different eras, which you can mix and match in any combination. After that, swap the heads, change the tuning, add muffling, and even change the virtual space you’re playing in. Take things even further by loading your own samples and combining them with onboard instruments, crafting personalized kits that no other drummer can claim.
Larger Pads and a Wider Playing Spread
Acoustic drums are usually bigger than electronic drum pads. The size of each drum adds to the overall experience, not just visually but also in stick feel and physical layout. Which is why the VAD306 features a 12" snare and floor tom, two 10" rack toms, and an 18" kick, creating a naturally wide playing spread. The shells are made of wood too, enhancing the authentic acoustic feel under the sticks and beater.
The Natural Feel of Acoustic Drums
Roland’s legendary multi-ply, tension-adjustable mesh heads contribute significantly to the authentic playing feel, giving you stick rebound that’s customizable for your individual playing style. And when you bury the beater into the specially designed kick drum, you physically move air inside the shell, creating air pressure and resistance that feels remarkably like playing an acoustic kick.
Shallow Shells, Deeper Performance
While the shallow-depth tom and kick shells in the VAD306 kit save space and weight, they don’t scrimp on performance. Each drum features custom sensors engineered to provide natural response and premium feel in an amazingly compact size.
Double-Braced Chrome Drum Stands
The way acoustic drums and cymbals are mounted not only projects a classic image—it also influences the playing feel. The tom pads mount on the same stands used for acoustic toms—so they feel just right when they’re hit. And every stand is double-braced for rock-solid stability, and easily adjusted to suit your preferred layout.
Powerful Practice Tools and Bluetooth Connectivity
The TD-17 module is packed with practice features to help you become a better drummer. Built-in Bluetooth allows smartphones and laptops to stream audio to the module without a cable, perfect for immersive jam sessions with headphones. Play along with favorite music tracks or mix the sound from a YouTube lesson video with the kit. It’s also possible to play songs direct from an SD card and record your playing at any time. Onboard coach functions help you focus on skill building, and even track your progress over time. And the metronome can be set for different time signatures and note values, helping improve your inner clock.
Drum sound module: TD-17 x 1
Snare: PDA120LS-BK x 1
Tom1: PDA100L-BK x 1
Tom2: PDA100L-BK x 1
Tom3: PDA120L-BK x 1
Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1
Crash1: CY-12C x 1
Crash2: CY-12C x 1
Ride: CY-13R x 1
Kick: KD-180L-BK x 1
Drum combination stand: DCS-10 x 3
All purpose clamp: APC-30 x 1
Extra trigger input jack2 (AUX, CRASH 2)
*CRASH 2 jack is used for CY-12C of 2nd crash cymbal.
Size and Weight
Dimensions: 1,300 (W) x 1,200 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
51-3/16 (W) x 47-1/4 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches
(including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
Weight: 35.3 kg / 77 lbs 14 oz
Sound module mount
Special connection cable
Connection cable (Crash2)
Options (sold separately)
Personal drum monitor: PM series
V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
V-Drums mat: TDM series
Noise eater: NE-100B
*This package does not include a kick pedal, a snare stand, a hi-hat stand, a drum throne, and a SD card.
**Available starting May 2020 - Pre-Order Now!
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent by the shipping method of sender's choice unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
Note: In case of damage during transport, a claim must be submitted to customer service within 3 business days, as of the day of the receipt of the item.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- Refunds by e-transfer will be issued to the email address that is associated with your customer profile. The password will be sent to you in a separate email once the refund has been issued. Please note that a $5 service fee will be deducted from your total refund amount if:
-> a change of email address is requested once the e-transfer has already been sent
-> a typo or error has been made in the email address that is associated to your customer profile
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.