The ADI-8 DS Mk III 8-Channel High-End AD/DA Converter & Digital to Digital Format Converter from RME is an 8-channel AD and DA converter in reference quality. In a standard 19" box with 1U height, the device offers numerous features like ICC (Intelligent Clock Control), SyncCheck, SteadyClock, 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O, 192 kHz sample rate, and a digital patch mode. The ADI-8 DS Mk III Converter is a highly flexible 8-channel AD/DA converter and digital to digital format converter. The device combines good analog circuit design with low-latency AD/DA converter chips. Along with SteadyClock, the converter offers AD and DA conversion.
The ADI-8 DS Mk III Converter uses a completely symmetrical signal path that offers low distortion and high signal to noise ratio in all level settings. To maintain full dynamic range within all operating levels, the ADI-8 DS Mk III Converter uses discrete gain stages that are switched electronically, so that no additional noise or distortion is introduced into the audio path. This AD/DA converter provides sample rates up to 192 kHz with a SNR of 120 dBA. On the digital side, SteadyClock, RME’s clock technology and jitter suppression ensures good sound quality regardless of the quality of the reference clock signal. This converter also offers other typical RME features such as ICC (Intelligent Clock Control), SyncCheck, and SyncAlign.
The ADI-8 DS Mk III Converter has separated driver stages for TRS and D-sub outputs. The servo-balanced TRS jacks will work up to +21 dBu. When selecting +24 dBu the balanced D-sub connector outputs will provide the higher output level, while TRS stays at +19 dBu. Two ADAT I/Os support up to 8 channels at 96 kHz (S/MUX) and 4 channels at 192 kHz (S/MUX4). A 25-pin AES/EBU interface features 8 channels at 192 kHz. All outputs can be used simultaneously, i.e., analog (balanced TRS and/or D-sub), ADAT, AES/EBU. The converter provides inputs via TRS or D-sub connectors. Both operate servo-balanced and accept levels up to +24 dBu.
A digital patchbay with free choice of source and destination setup can be used to convert ADAT to AES, AES to ADAT, cross-convert them at the same time, pass ADAT on to ADAT while monitored analog, etc. The ADAT outputs also feature copy mode for connection of 2 different ADAT devices. These powerful and easy to use modes add significant value to the conversion quality.
The converter features a specially developed internal high-performance switching power supply, which provides operation with voltages ranging from 100 to 240 VAC. It is short-circuit proof, has an integrated line filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.
- 8-channel AD converter, full symmetrical design, 119 dBA
- 8-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 120 dBA
- Low-Latency Conversion: delay of less than 12 samples
- Analog outputs and inputs, and digital patch mode
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O per D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT I/O, 8 channels @ 96 kHz, 4 channels at 192 kHz
- Word clock input and output
- 2 x 8-channel level metering
- Comprehensive digital patch mode for full interconnectivity
8 x 1/4" TRS jack
1 x 25-pin D-sub
Servo balanced, completely symmetrical audio path
4 x AES/EBU (25-pin D-sub connector)
2 x ADAT optical
1 x BNC connector, push switch toggles 75-ohm internal terminationOutputAD:
4 x AES/EBU (25-pin D-sub connector)
2 x ADAT optical
8 x 1/4" TRS jack, servo balanced, up to +21 dBu
1 x 25-pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu
1 x BNC ConnectorDynamic RangeAD: 119 dBA
DA: 120 dBA unmutedTHDAD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032%)
DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)THD + NAD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
DA: < -102 dB (< 0.0008%)CrosstalkAD: > 110 dB
DA: > 110 dBInput / Output LevelInput Level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
Output Level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
Input / Output Level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBVSample Rates44.1, 48, 88.2 , 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word)Frequency ResponseAD/DA:
-0.1 dB: 10 Hz to 23.2 kHz (@ 48 kHz)
-0.5 dB: < 5 Hz to 43 kHz (@ 96 kHz)
-1 dB :< 5 Hz to 85 kHz (@ 192 kHz)Power Supply1 x IEC power input receptacle
Internal switching mode, 100 to 240 VACDimensions (W x H x D)With Rack Ears: 19 x 1.73 x 9.5" (48.3 x 4.4 x 24.2 cm)
Without Rack Ears: 17.2 x 1.73 x 9.3" (43.6 x 4.4 x 23.5 cm)Weight4.4 lb (2 kg)
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.