RME ADI-648 Overview
The ADI-648 is a sixty-four channel format converter from MADI to ADAT and vice versa. MADI handles sixty-four channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz and thirty-two channels up to 96kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. The ADAT channels are provided via eight TosLink optical inputs and outputs, respectively.
Amongst other applications, the unit can serve as an MADI front-end for RME's Hammerfall and Hammerfall DSP series. An easy-configurable eight-channel 16x16 Matrix Router can assign any of the outputs, which are divided into eight-channel blocks, to any eight-channel input block, both on the ADAT and the MADI side. In addition to the routing within the MADI/ADAT conversion, the unit also performs splitting and routing within the same format.
When the single-space rack-mount unit is serving as a format converter, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved. The ADI-642 accepts both fifty-six and sixty-four channel standards as well as 96k frame at its input and can be set to generate both these formats at its output. This way the ADI-648 can serve as an interface between otherwise incompatible MADI devices.
- Sixty-four channel MADI/ADAT format converter
- MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Supplies word clock in Single and Double Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream, is also capable of double MADI rate (96k Frame) or per Sample Split (S/MUX) to the ADAT ports
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock.
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Sixteen MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with 64 audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- Each unit in a multiple-unit setup can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote control of the devices utilizing only a single MIDI channel
RME ADI-648 Specs
ADC Not applicable DAC Not applicable Sample Rates Internal: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz
External: Accepts between 27kHz and 112kHz depending on clock source master
Analog Inputs No Analog Outputs No Digital Input 8 x ADAT TosLink optical
1 x MADI Optical via FDDI duplex SC connector
1 x BNC MADI
Digital Output 8 x ADAT TosLink optical
1 x MADI Optical via FDDI duplex SC connector
1 x BNC MADI
Word Clock 1 x BNC input
1 x BNC output
Dynamic Range Not applicable Frequency Response Not applicable THD + N Not applicable Dimensions (WxDxH) 19" x 8" x 1 3/4" Weight 4.4 lbs Specialties Accepts 56 and 64-channel mode and 96k frame
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.