RME ADI-6432R Overview
The ADI-6432R from RME is 64-channel format converter, that features conversion from MADI to AES/EBU, and vice versa. MADI handles 64 channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz, 32 channels up to 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz. Dual redundant power supplies offer fail-safe operation for broadcasters and other professionals.
All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. Typical applications could include two units for use as a digital multi-core, or a single unit used as AES/EBU front end for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card.
The unit features RME's SteadyClock, which provides very low jitter operation. Intelligent Clock Control retains the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal. The front panel contains almost 100 LEDs for accurate and exact display of signal status. Errors can be spotted instantly and corrected, and the control keys can be locked to prevent accidental changing of settings.
- 64-channel MADI/AES format converter
- Support for up to 192kHz sample rates with MADI and AES
- SteadyClock allows for use of MADI without an additional word clock connection, and guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation
- Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal - even AES and word - can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the unit's outputs
- Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) retains the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal
- Supplies word clock in Single, Double and Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream and to the AES ports and supports the double MADI sample rate (96k frame)
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- Every function has its own keys accompanied by clear function LEDs, allowing errors to be detected at a glance
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using Wordclock
- MADI Merge, using two units, allows two MADI streams to be merged from two sources, and sent on via a single MADI cable. Useful in situation where the two sources are not utilizing their full sixty-four channel counts
- The unit can be also used as a MADI to MADI converter. For instance, an AMS Neve Logic DFC only accepts the fifty-six channel input format. The ADI-6432 can read either format at its input or output
- The ADI-6432R can be used as an extender for serial cables, with no effect on the audio functionality, thanks to a RS232 9-pin COM port (9600, 19200, or 115200 Baud)
- 16 MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with 64 audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- Each unit in a multiple-unit setup can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote control of the devices utilizing only a single MIDI channel
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Compatible to MADI interfaces of companies like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS and others
- Redundant power supply which can be connected to two different electrical circuits - if one of these circuits fails, the unit will continue to operate normally
RME ADI-6432R Specs
Sample Rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
MADI lock range: 32kHz to 192kHz
Wordclock lock range: 27kHz to 200kHz
AES lock range: 28kHz to 200kHz
Digital Input 4 x 25-pin D-Sub, transformer balanced, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3Vpp), SPDIF compatible
1 x MADI optical via FDDI duplex SC connector
1 x BNC MADI
Digital Output 4 x 25-pin D-Sub, transformer balanced, 4Vpp
1 x MADI optical via FDDI duplex SC connector
1 x BNC MADI
Wordclock 1 x BNC input, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2Vpp)
1 x BNC output, low impedance driver stage, 4Vpp into 75Ω, short-circuit-proof
MIDI 2 x 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O Other Connectors Com port: RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600/19200/115200 Baud Sync MADI
Varipitch By input signal or word clock Jitter Internal Clock: <1 nS
Wordclock In: <2 nS
AES-3id In: <2 nS
Suppression: >30dB (2.4kHz)
Sensitivity: All PLLs operate error-free even at 100 nS
Power Requirements Internal switching mode power supply, 100V~240VAC, 20W Dimensions (WxDxH) 19" x 7.9" x 3.5" (483 x 200 x 89mm) Weight 4.4 lb (2 kg) Specialties Device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.