Offering a versatile feature-set to please photographers and videographers alike, the black Lumix DC-GX9 from Panasonic is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera that is also characterized by its rangefinder-inspired body design and sleek form factor. Featuring a 20.3 MP Digital Live MOS sensor, along with a Venus Engine image processor, the GX9 is able to record UHD 4K movies at 30 or 24 fps, record full-resolution stills at up to 9 fps with AF-S or 8MP stills at 30 fps, and work in difficult lighting situations with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. Additionally, complementing the imaging capabilities, is a Dual I.S.2 system that offers the use of both in-camera and in-lens image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops.
In regard to the physical design, the GX9 incorporates a tilting 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder and a tilting 3.0" 1.24m-dot rear LCD touchscreen to suit working from a variety of angles. A top dual dial affords direct adjustment of both exposure compensation and shooting mode settings, and the top plate also avails access to a hot shoe as well as a built-in pop-up flash. For remote use of the camera, integrated Bluetooth LE allows wireless control over the shutter and select shooting functions with a linked mobile device, and built-in Wi-Fi can also be used for transferring imagery to a smartphone or tablet.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
UHD 4K Video Recording
4K PHOTO Modes
- Burst: this mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: this mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): this mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Body Design and Built-In Bluetooth
- A large Live View Finder features a unique tilting design to benefit working from low angles and also has an impressive 2.76m-dot resolution and 0.7x magnification.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.24m-dot rear LCD monitor has an 80° upward, 45° downward tilting design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- The sleek flat-body profile incorporates both front and rear dials for intuitive control over aperture and shutter speed settings. Stacked and dedicated top dials are also available for direct adjustment over exposure compensation and shooting mode selection.
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.2 (Low Energy) allows you to wirelessly control camera settings and release the shutter and maintains full-time connection between the camera and mobile device with low energy consumption. For wirelessly transferring files, Wi-Fi is available for faster transfer speeds.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation. MF Assist can also be used to increase magnification by up to 20x for more critical focusing on specific subjects.
Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a top maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/200 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- More than 100 consecutive full-resolution JPG files can be captured in a burst, or approximately 30 consecutive raw files in a single burst.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included rechargeable battery provides approximately 260 shots per charge when using the rear monitor, or 250 with the electronic viewfinder.
- The L. Monochrome D mode in Photo Styles simulates a distinctly retro B&W film feeling to offer more options for producing captivating monochromatic imagery.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L. Monochrome, L. Monochrome D, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. Each of these effects can be combined with Grain Effect to increase texture within images.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 21.77 Megapixel
Effective: 20.3 Megapixel (5184 x 3888)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||17.3 x 13 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/4000 to 60 Seconds
0 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
1/16000 to 1/25 Second in Movie Mode
1/16000 to 1 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multiple, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||0 to 18 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 9 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 30 Frames (Raw) / 100 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 6 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 30 Frames (Raw) / 100 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 2 fps at 20.3 MP for up to 30 Frames (Raw) / 100 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP (JPEG)
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p [20 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p [10 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/29.97p [24 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94i [17 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)
Full HD (1920 x 1080)
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 49|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,760,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||17.5 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.7x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Display Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Guide Number||13.78' / 4.2 m at ISO 100|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Battery||1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1025 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.9 x 2.8 x 1.8" / 124 x 72.1 x 46.8 mm|
|Weight||14.36 oz / 407 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Focal Length||12 to 60mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 120mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 5.6|
|Angle of View||84.05° to 20.44°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87" / 20 cm|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Filter Size||58 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.6 x 2.8" / 66 x 71 mm|
|Weight||7.41 oz / 210 g|
|Package Weight||2.585 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.3 x 6.1 x 4.35"|
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.