Self-contained, simple to use, and fun to play, the i3 is the ideal synth for the budding composer, the energetic performer, or the inspired up-and-coming producer. Using battery power, the KORG i3 Music Workstation can run wherever you run; a convenient auto-power off function preserves battery life.
Form Follows Function
The KORG i3 is a full-featured Workstation featuring 61 full-size, velocity-sensing keys. The keyboard response is adjustable using the three touch-curves; a fourth setting provides a fixed output level. Transpose buttons shift the pitch of the keyboard up or down by two octaves, in octave increments. The professional joystick allows real-time articulation of pitch bend, vibrato, and brilliance during performance; an additional two-band EQ (Low and High) provides a final adjustment to the overall tone.
All front panel buttons and controls are conveniently grouped together by function, and the custom backlit LCD delivers valuable visual feedback regarding the instrument's current settings. A rotary data-wheel encoder can quickly edit the value of the onscreen parameters. The black-out finish, rubberized touch surface, and perforated end panels reflect the distinctive upscale design.
It all Starts with the Sound
The i3 is endowed with decades of KORG sound design expertise. Inside you'll find nearly 800 instrument sounds created with critical precision by master programmers and musicians. This includes a complete GM2 sound set, providing flawless General MIDI compatibility. Add to that another 59 custom Drum Kits, and you're talking some serious sound.
The operation of the i3 distinguishes between the Sound Set, that is the sounds played in real time on the keyboard; and the Style Performance Set, that is the sounds and parts generated by the i3 to augment your performance. Calling up one of the 200 Sound Sets from memory can place up to four sounds on the keyboard at once; three layered across the upper keys, and one split to the lower keys. Reset the split point instantly with the touch of a button and the press of a key.
The high-fidelity PCM sound engine provides a generous 64 voices of polyphony. Two stereo effect processors each with 173 variations add motion, depth, and expression to each of these real-time sounds. Press the convenient Grand Piano button to instantly recall the prime piano sound of the i3 in any mode, at any time.
Music software bundled at no charge
The i3 comes with an entire music software bundle. "Ozone Elements" not only lets you create songs but also features AI-powered mastering, "Skoove" helps you improve your keyboard skills (3 month trial), and "Reason Lite" is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) so you can immediately jump into recording your own music. Also included are software synths from KORG and other brands.
This means that as soon as you get your hands on this workstation, you'll have access to all the tools you need to begin creating the music you want to create.
• Keyboard: 61 keys
• Touch control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed
• Sound generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
• Maximum polyphony: 64 voices
• Sounds: 790 sounds, 59 drum kits (including a GM-compatible sound set)
• Sound sets: 200
• Style performance: 270 styles 4 set
• Keyboard part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
• Accompaniment part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
• 173 variations
• 270 styles
• Style control: 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 break, 2 endings, synchro start, tap tempo
• Audio player: Supported formats: MP3 (44.1 kHz, 16-bit), WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit)
• Supports real-time recording
• 16 tracks, 999 songs maximum
• Data storage capacity: 100,000 notes (999 songs)
• Supports song play (playing the keyboard while playing back a song)
• Playback: SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1
• Recording: Original format (a function is available to convert and output to SMF0)
Demo songs: 3 (songs + sound introduction)
Scales: 11 types (including user scale)
• FOOT CONTROLLER jack: 6.3 mm phone jack (half-damper not supported)
• AUDIO IN jack: 3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack
• OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks: 6.3 mm TS phone jack (unbalanced)
• Headphones jack: 3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack
• USB TO DEVICE port: USB Type A port (for connecting a USB flash drive)
• USB TO HOST port: USB Type B port (for connecting to a computer)
• MIDI OUT connector: For connecting to MIDI tone generators and other devices
MIDI: Supports MIDI OUT, USB MIDI
Display: Customizable LCD with backlighting
• Power adapter: AC adapter (DC 12V, )
• Power consumption: 6W
• Batteries: AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride) 6 (sold separately)
• Battery life: Approx. 8 hr. (when using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions: (W D H): 1,037 mm x 296 mm x 80 mm / 40.83" x 11.65" x 3.15"
Weight: 4 kg/8.82 lbs. (excluding batteries)
Included accessories: AC adapter
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.