Klark Teknik 76-KT Single-Channel FET-Style Compressor
✔ FREE SHIPPING
The Klark Teknik 76-KT is a single-channel, FET-style compressor closely modeled on the 1176LN, particularly the original D and E versions of this well-regarded dynamics processor. It features four selectable ratios, adjustable attack and release times, and dedicated input and output level controls. Since the threshold is essentially fixed, raising or lowering the input gain changes the amount of gain reduction.
The 76-KT offers attack times from 25 to 760 microseconds, a release time range of 80 to 670 milliseconds, and selectable push-button ratios of 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, and 20:1. Also, the definitive all-button mode—known for a characteristic smashing effect—is readily available for crushing drum rooms, bass, and more.
Differentiating this version from vintage 1176s are custom-engineered MIDAS input and output transformers, which contribute to a pristine, discrete signal path. A vintage-style VU meter is provided, giving you the option to view gain reduction or output level. The 76-KT utilizes XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs to accommodate a variety of equipment configurations. It occupies 2 RU in a standard 19" equipment rack.
- Features at a Glance
- Classic FET-style compressor modeled after iconic 1176LN (D and E Revisions)
- Discrete signal path
- Class-A, line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
- Dedicated buttons for compression ratios of 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, and 20:1
- Fast attack times of 25 to 760 microseconds
- Adjustable release times of 80 to 670 milliseconds
- Vintage-style meter can display gain reduction or output
- Transformer-balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik XLR connectors
- -20 dB pad on rear panel
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Rugged 2 RU rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Designed and engineered in the United Kingdom