Golden Age Project COMP-2A Vintage Style Tube Compressor
Sold and Shipped by: Red One Music
MusicRedOne.com is a Canadian authorized Golden Age Project retailer.
Any questions about this product? CHAT WITH US or CALL US →514-225-2226
✔ FREE SHIPPING
The circuit used in the COMP-2A is based on a classic design that was originally produced in the early 1960s and it was initially intended for broadcast applications. It uses an electro-luminescent panel and a photoelectric cell to control gain. This gives it a unique, program dependent compression characteristic. In addition, the all tube signal path and the transformers adds a wonderful and musical character to the sound.
The ease of use with only two main controls makes it very simple to achieve the desired sound. These attributes has made the original units a favourite of engineers and musicians worldwide.
• Vintage style all tube signal path
• Transformer balanced input and output can drive almost any load, balanced or unbalanced.
• Long life electroluminescent panel and two carefully matched Silonex NSL5910 photoresistors for T4B-style electro-optical gain control with program dependent attack and release times
• Very simple to operate with only two main controls, Gain and Peak Reduction
• HF control to make the side-chain circuit more sensitive to mid and high frequency content
• Linear low noise regulated filament and high voltage power supply
• A big meter selectable to show gain reduction or output level at two different reference levels
• Hardwire bypass switch for easy comparisons
• XLR and TRS input and output jacks for flexible connections
• Link jack and switch for connecting to another unit for stereo operation
• All external controls located on the front panel
• Compact 2RU half rack format
• Solid build quality