Expanding upon Focusrite's 4pre to provide even more in the way of channel real-estate and features, the Red 8Pre is a 64-input/64-output, high-resolution audio interface with dual Thunderbolt 2 connections, Pro Tools | HD support, and Dante connectivity via Ethernet. The interface offers eight Red Evolution microphone preamps, with -129 dBu of EIN and 63 dB of gain, thus providing low noise floors and significant headroom. Also featured in these preamps is the "Air" effect, which recreates the sound of transformer-based mic pres from the ISA range.
All features of the preamps can be controlled from the front panel or from the included Focusrite Control software. In addition to housing the control surface, the front panel also features colored LCD displays and instrument inputs for high-gained 1/4" sound sources. In total, you get 16 analog inputs and 18 analog outputs, with more provided via various expansion capabilities.
The Red 8Pre's conversion system utilizes parallel path summing to achieve its low-noise, high-headroom performance. This path involves the operation of two matched converters running in parallel to increase the signal to noise ratio, both of which can perform at resolutions and sample rates of up to 24-bit/192 kHz, at dynamic ranges of 118 dB (on the A/D side) and 121 dB (on the D/A) side. With this setup, you get a THD+Noise rating that can be less than 0.0009%, as well as a flat frequency response ranging from 20 Hz to 35 kHz (±0.25 dB).
The Red 4Pre ships with the Softube Time and Tone bundle, the Red Plug-In Suite, a 6.6' / 2.0m Thunderbolt cable, an IEC power cord, and software activation codes.
- Key Features at a Glance
- 64 inputs / 64 outputs in total
16 analog inputs / 18 analog outputs
Eight Red Evolution mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation
24-bit/192 kHz conversion
Up to 121 dB of dynamic range
Parallel path summing conversion for lower noise
Color LCD displays and assignable controls for simplified operation
Allows for control via front panel and software
Dual Thunderbolt-2 ports for daisy-chaining
Supports direct Pro Tools | HD DigiLink connection
Enabled for Dante
1.67ms round-trip latency allows you to record with plug-ins in real time
Add up to 32 extra inputs and outputs via Ethernet connection
Front-panel instrument inputs
Focusrite Control software included
Free plug-ins included
- Conversion with Parallel Path Summing
- Delivering digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192 kHz with up to 121dB dynamic range, Red 8Pre's converters feature a parallel path summing configuration to achieve a quiet design, providing a high-quality combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range, and conversion latency.
- Eight Red Evolution Pres with Air Emulation
- These pres provide up to 63 dB of clean gain, offering phantom power on every track, as well as setting recall, stereo linking, HPF, and polarity invert. Also offered is Air mode, which gives you an analog emulation of heritage ISA preamp characteristics.
- Elegant Front-Panel Design
- Color LCD displays and assignable control knobs render the Red 8Pre simple and quick to use. Set levels and other parameters from the front panel as well as via software.
- Dual Thunderbolt-2 Ports for Daisy Chaining
- With two Thunderbolt 2 ports, you can connect to the DAW of your choice whilst simultaneously connecting Thunderbolt devices such as hard drives and displays.
- Direct Pro Tools Connection
- the Red 8Pre offers standard dual DigiLink connectivity to Pro Tools | HD systems and existing Avid interfaces.
- Dante Support
- the Red 8Pre includes dual Ethernet ports for Dante audio-over-IP networking, allowing you to expand your studio via Ethernet with additional channels anywhere on your network, all with low latency. Simply add channels by connecting additional Red or other Dante-compatible components to the Ethernet ports.
- The low latency of this interface allows you to track through the chain of your preferred plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real time. As such, using this interface can also eliminate the need for cue mix utilities or outboard DSP.
- Expand up to 32 I/O
- 32 extra inputs and outputs can be connected to the Red 8Pre via Ethernet connection.
- Front-Panel Instrument Inputs
- The front panel allows you to access to high-headroom instrument connections even when the Red 8Pre is rack-mounted.
- Software Included
- The Red 8Pre includes Focusrite Control software, facilitating mic preamp control and the intuitive set-up of mixes and monitors. Also included are the Red plug-in suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 and 3 EQ and compression, and Softube's Time and Tone bundle—a plug-in pack including four of Softube's professional quality plug-ins, such as the Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, the TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
If you happen to receive a parcel that got damaged during transport, we must obtain the the following pictures in order to swiftly process a replacement:- outside of the shipping box along with a photo of the shipping label- inside packaging of the shipping box- the damaged unit itself
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.