FabFilter Saturn 2 Saturation and Distortion Software
FabFilter Saturn 2 is a distortion and harmonic saturation plug-in intended for sound design, mixing, and even mastering. Saturn 2 builds upon the original Saturn to add a host of new features as well as improvements that bolster both its operation and sound.
Like the original, Saturn 2 is a multiband distortion engine, with the ability to select frequency bands, and tweak them as you see fit. Like the original, Saturn 2 offers multiple types of distortion, an easy to use GUI, and comprehensive opportunities for modulation.
Each of these core foundational elements has been improved in this latest version. The GUI has been thoughtfully redesigned, giving you a darker color scheme for easier visibility in long sessions, and four resizable interface sizes are available. Modulation options are still endless, but visualizing them in the GUI is now greatly improved, with color-coded, animated responses that make your routing crystal clear. You can now curve the envelope generator's attack, release, and decay stages. The Envelope Follower has a Transient Detection mode to tightly track to drums. The XLFO section now features legato MIDI triggering and targeting for a smoother operation in Frequency Offset and Balance parameters.
As for distortion types, well, now Saturn offers 28 kinds of distortion, up from the previous 16. You'll find subtle versions of Tape, Tube, and Saturation that will find a home in mastering contexts, as well as amp styles for guitaristic distortion. You'll even note new complicated methods of distortion which mangle your sound with pitch shifting.
This plug-in is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. It will work in VST, VST3, AU, AAX, and AudioSuite formats.
New to Saturn 2
- Adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, including a new design of modulation sources and a floating slot panel
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Various interface sizes and Full Screen mode
Improved in Version 2
- 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
- Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- Myriad modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- Carefully designed and curated Factory Presets, plus support for V1 presets
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone, and level controls
- Interactive multiband display
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Mid/side processing
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Unique per-component presets
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- Per-band solo and mute options
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.