Dbx 1074 Quadgate - Four Channel Noise Gate
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
dbx DBX1074 overview
The 1074 offers four channels of gating with threshold, depth and release controls on each channel and is housed in a single space, rack-mount chassis. The unit is based on the dbx V2 VCA and offers XLR inputs and outputs, 1/4" side-chain input and switchable operating levels to interface each individual channel with any other device.
In addition to an external key input per channel, the 1074 also has an internal filter that can be independently activated and controlled on a per-channel basis. The filter not only allows for cleaning up tracks, but provides frequency selective control on each gate to open exactly when required.
Quad gating applications include gating dry and percussive sounds such as snare drum and kick drum, gating sounds that have longer decay times such as cymbals and pianos, gating hum or buzz from live instruments or recorded tracks, eliminating headphone leakage into microphones and gating instrument microphones to eliminate amplifier bleed.
- Four dedicated and independent channels of user selectable noise gating in any combination including dual stereo or two mono and one stereo
- Advanced program adaptive circuitry ensures fast attack times to preserve the character of percussive sounds
- Smooth release that won't chop off reverb tails or decaying guitar chords
- Key input for external gate triggering
- Two segment threshold status LEDs on each channel
- Balanced inputs and outputs with stereo couple for channels 1/2 and 3/4
dbx DBX1074 specs
Function Noise gate Number of Channels 4 Inputs 4 x XLR (2-pin hot)
4 x 1/4" TRS phone Key Input
Outputs 4 x XLR (2-pin hot) Maximum Input Level >+22dBu balanced or unbalanced Compression Threshold Not applicable Compression Ratio Not applicable Attack Time Not applicable Release Time Not applicable Gate Threshold Off to -10dB Gate Rate Release: 0.01 to 3 seconds Maximum Output Level >+22dBm balanced, >+20dBm unbalanced Make-up Gain Not applicable Frequency Response 0.35Hz to 200kHz, +0/-3dB Dynamic Range >115 dB, unweighted Noise <-96dBu, unweighted, 22kHz measurement bandwidth Dimensions (WxDxH) 19" x 9" x 1 3/4" Weight 6.9 lbs Specialties Switchable filter control allows the user to select the frequency at which gating occurs with ranges from 80Hz to 8kHz