Boss Rt-20 Rotary Ensemble Pedal
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
Add some classic rotary speaker tones to your guitar or keyboard rig with the BOSS RT-20 Rotary Ensemble Pedal. The rotary speaker sound has been adding mojo to guitar sounds over several decades, gracing countless recordings from the Beatles to Joe Bonamassa. The RT-20 is modeled on the famed Leslie 122 speaker, and recreates those legendary tones, but without the bulk and weight of a massive rotary cabinet. Rather, you can place the RT-20 in your guitar's or keyboard's signal chain and enjoy the rotary speaker effect on your tone. Four modes are offered, ranging from a traditional rotary speaker effect to a classic '60s/'70s Uni-Vibe type effect. You can even add some grit by using the Overdrive control. The RT-20 can operate in mono or stereo, and has a connection for an optional expression pedal (sold separately) to control the rotor's rotation speed in real time.
- COSM (Composite Object Sound Modeling) Technology
- With the RT-20, COSM is used to simulate classic rotary speaker characteristics, and beyond. The virtual horn and bass speaker can be independently adjusted, while the RT-20's unique graphic display provides a realtime view of the rotation pattern and speed
- Versatile Connections
- Guitars and keyboards alike can be plugged into the RT-20 by using the Drive Type switch to optimize the effects for guitar or keyboard. Surround listeners in animated sound with the RT-20's dual outputs, which enable true stereo effects. Add color by plugging in an expression pedal (such as the separately available BOSS FV-500H/FV-500L), which lets you control parameters such as rotation speed seamlessly from slow to fast in real time. The RT-20 also features a headphone jack for private practice and experimentation
- Virtual Rotor Display
- The eye-catching Virtual Rotor Display show the audio rotation characteristics of the RT-20 pedal in real time. The center of the display—illuminated in red—represents the virtual horn speaker. The outside ring—illuminated in blue—displays the rotation of the virtual bass speaker
- Rugged Design with Flexible Power Options
- The RT-20 can run off of six AA batteries or an optional external 9 VDC power supply. The electronics are encased in a durable dual-pedal metal housing with a non-slip rubber base. This pedal utilizes a buffered bypass for silent switching and driving long cable runs, even while the pedal is disengaged