BOSS RC-30 LOOP STATION PEDAL
Bring your looping to the next level with the BOSS RC-30 Loop Station Pedal which can loop not one, but two stereo signals, both of which can be individually manipulated. Sounds can be sampled from nearly any sound source using dual 1/4" inputs, an XLR input with 48V phantom power, or a stereo mini-jack input. The RC-30 has up three hours of looping time on internal memory. Loops and phrases can be exchanged with a computer by connecting to the built-in USB 2.0 port. Also built into the unit are effects that can be applied to your phrases, and drum beat patterns from different genres to help keep your rhythms intact.
- Twin Stereo Loops
- Create and stack multi-layered loops with twin stereo tracks - each track being independently controllable with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons. Creating loops is convenient with the Auto Recording feature, which starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, bass, keyboard, or singing, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit, with three hours of recording time!
- Onboard Effects
- BOSS includes a lineup of creative effects onboard the RC-30. Bend Down provides a dramatic pitch-bend effect. Step Phaser changes phase in incremental steps. Sweep Filter alters frequency in sync with the current tempo. Tempo Delay produces a tempo-synced delay effect. Lo-Fi intentionally degrades the sound to create a distinctive character. Dunk your loops in effects without the cost and hassle of adding external gear.
- Mic Input
- Vocalists can plug a microphone of their choice directly into the RC-30's XLR microphone input, complete with phantom power if you wish to use a condenser mic. Sing, overdub, and make multi-layered loops of your voice, create vocal sound-effects patterns, or point the microphone at your acoustic musical instruments, or anything that makes noise and turn it into a cool loop.
- Rhythm Guide
- To keep your loops tight and in time, play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-30's onboard library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
- USB Connectivity
- You can connect the RC-30 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-30 phrases to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-30. The RC-30 accepts 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
- AUX Input
- In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop.
- Classic BOSS Design
- The RC-30 can run off of a six AA batteries or an optional external 9 VDC power supply. The electronics are encased in BOSS's iconic durable dual-pedal metal housing with a non-slip rubber base. This pedal utilizes a buffered bypass for silent switching and driving long cable runs even while the pedal is disengaged.