Ashly Ne24.24M Audio Matrix Processor
Got a better price? We'll match it. Come chat with us!
Ashly Protea 24.24M overview
The Protea 24.24M from Ashly is an audio matrix processor without front-panel control, and provides multiple routing options, along with very comprehensive DSP processing, both on input and output. The base unit (with four-inputs and four-outputs) is suitable for installation in corporate boardrooms, restaurants, courtrooms, houses of worship, left/center/right theatres, auditoriums or conference centers.
The lack of front-panel control allows the unit to be installed in situations where secure, tamper-proof operation is required. Programming is achieved via the included Protea System software running on a Windows based computer. Additionally, various accessories are available for controlling volume and presets from a remote location without the use of a computer, once the unit has been initially set up.
The Protea 24.24M can be expanded to a toatal of twenty-four audio channels using optional four-channel expander cards. The expander cards are configured for either input or output, are field installable, and contain their own DSP and A/D/A converters. The latter insures that all processing blocks remain available on each input and output, regardless of the number of installed channels. On installation, the base unit automatically recognizes their presence without further programming.
Firmware updates can easily be installed without taking the unit out of its operating environment. With excellent audio fidelity and a full compliment of processing blocks, the Protea 24.24M will satisfy any requirements for a zoned system, requiring input/output matrixing and signal processing.
- Digital matrix processor with four inputs and four outputs, along with a dedicated DSP processor and A/D/A circuitry
- No front-panel controls for secure, tamper-proof installation situations
- Can be expanded to twenty-four channels of audio using four-channel expansion cards that each have their own dedicated processor and A/D/A
- Each input channel has fixed processing blocks that include a microphone preamp with +48V phantom power, gain, delay, fifteen EQ filters, gate, autoleveler and ducker
- Inputs may be configured as either microphone or line level
- Output channel processing blocks consist of a cross point mixer, crossover (Hi-/Low-pass filter), delay, fifteen EQ filters, gain and limiter
- The cross point mixer in the output section allows the user to route any input to any output at any level and mute any input at any output without affecting the true input configuration
- The Hi-/Low-pass filter block offers Bessel, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley filters with 12, 18, 24 and 48dB/octave slopes
- Front- and rear-panel 9-pin RS-232 connectors allow all functions to be controlled either by a Windows based PC or a dedicated control system
- Includes thirty-five factory presets that may be programmed by the user and stored in the unit's internal memory
- Rear panel Euroblock connectors for audio, preset recall, DC remote level control and data in/out
Ashly Protea 24.24M specs
Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.25dB Dynamic Range >110dB unweighted, 20Hz to 20kHz B/W Input Connections Euroblock Output Connections Euroblock Input Impedance 18kΩ Output Impedance 112Ω Maximum Input Level +20dBu Maximum Output Level +20dBu Sample Rate 48kHz RTA Mic Phantom Voltage Not applicable THD & Noise <0.01% @1kHz, +20dBu Dimensions (WxDxH) 19 x 8.5 x 3.5" (483 x216 x 89mm) Weight 13 lbs (5.9 kg) Specialties Requires computer running under Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP or NT
AMX NetLinx and ACCENT3 compatible