“Made in synth heaven.”—SynthMania.com
“A gamechanger. It had a whole different sound.”—Jimmy Jam
A digital synth icon, now available as a plug-in for your DAW.
The D-50 completely changed the synth landscape when it was released in 1987. Powered by Roland’s groundbreaking LA (Linear Arithmetic) synthesis engine, the instrument’s potent mixture of samples, virtual analog, and integrated effects allowed programmers to produce all manner of stunning sounds never heard before. The D-50 Software Synthesizer is a perfect sonic recreation of the original in every way, allowing you to bring this giant in music history into your everyday music production environment.
Samples Meets Synthesis
The D-50 was Roland’s first fully digital synthesizer, and its unique sound combined subtractive synthesis with harmonically complex sampled waveforms and digital effects. This innovative marriage of samples and synthesis allowed for warm and dynamic analog tonality with the realism and flexibility of digital technology, opening up an entirely new world of sound creation possibilities.
New Wave, New Jack, New Age, and So On…
The 1980s were a dynamic period for pop music, and new genres were being forged at a furious pace. Name a famous track from the late ‘80s to early ‘90s and there’s a good chance it was built around one or more D-50 sounds. It’s the basis of classic tracks in a wide range of genres including synth pop, new wave, new jack swing, and R&B, plus new age music and countless film scores. In fact, some of the most influential recording artists in history have used the synth’s beautifully crafted presets as the cornerstone of huge international hits.
Plug In Your Own D-50
The plug-in version of the D-50 is the only authentic software reproduction of the Roland hardware unit. It includes the same sampled waveform set, and our Digital Circuit Behavior modeling technology captures every nuance of the original, right down to the archetypal “overtone noise” that lends this synth its rich character. We’ve even included the proprietary joystick and original iconic presets. But this version of the D-50 also includes extra features that make it a unique and powerful tool for modern productions:
- Extra waveforms and tempo-syncing LFO enhance sound design capabilities and DAW integration
- A virtual PG-1000 controller (based on the optional hardware controller available for the original D-50) greatly simplifies sound design, allowing you to customize preset sounds and build unique voices from scratch
- All the original presets plus fresh new sounds and additional patch downloads
There are several ways to integrate the D-50 Software Synthesizer with other Roland hardware. Import SysEx files from an original D-50 or legacy third-party libraries and enjoy your favorite previously created patches. You can also swap patches and banks with your Roland Boutique D-05 synthesizer, and use its interface to control the plug-in.
Join Roland Cloud today to explore the distinctive appeal of the D-50. And if you like the D-50, check out our software version of the JV-1080 sound module and unlock more sounds used in some of the greatest songs of all time.
To install an instrument with a Lifetime Key, you must have a Roland Account. To create your Roland Account, download Roland Cloud Manager, create an account/log in, download your instrument, and redeem your Lifetime Key.
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.