Behringer K-2 Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
✔ FREE SHIPPING
The Behringer K2 is a recreation of the original semi-modular Korg MS20 and has been painstakingly engineered using the original VCO, VCF, and VCA designs with pure analog circuitry and matched transistors and JFETs to create the iconic sound that's been used by so many world-famous artists including Aphex Twin, Arcade Fire, the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Daft Pun, Depeche Mode, A Flock of Seagulls, Gorillaz, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Snarky Puppy, and a host of others.
The semi-modular architecture easily taps into the inspired sounds from the 80's and 90's, making it well suited for progressive rock, wave, EDM, and synth-pop by creating super-fat bass and lead tones, as well as special effects and otherworldly sounds. There are 36 controls that are logically laid out, allowing for fast and easy navigation and exploration. No patch cords are needed to generate sound, but with 34 patch points, the K2 can be further explored and manipulated for wild sound effects and external audio processing through the filters, modulation, and more.
The K2 features authentic dual voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs), plus extremely flexible high-pass and low-pass voltage controlled filters (VCF), a voltage controlled amplifier (VCA), and modulation circuits like envelope generators and low-frequency oscillators (LFOs). The authentic VCO's provide four variable oscillator shapes including variable pulse-width and ring modulation for a broad array of sound creation. VCO 1 waveform choices include triangle, reverse-sawtooth, noise and pulse, where the pulse width can be adjusted from wide square wave to narrow pulse across a 4-octave range, while VCO 2’s waveform can be selected from reverse-sawtooth, square, narrow pulse and ring, where both oscillators are operating. VCO 2’s pitch can also be varied independently across a 4-octave range. The VCO Mixer allows you to adjust the levels of VCO 1 and VCO 2 to create an overall mix and a wide range of mind-bending effects.
The versatile 24 dB/octave filter lets you freely experiment with high- and low-pass cutoff frequencies and their respective peak (resonance) settings to dial in the perfect sound. The high-pass filter sets the level of signals below the cutoff frequency, effectively reducing the fundamental and lower-order harmonics levels. The low-pass filter controls the level of signals above the cutoff, which reduces higher-order harmonic content. For modulation, the K2 offers two separate envelope generators. Envelope 1 affects the frequency modulation via controls for delay, attack and release time, while generator 2 adjusts the cutoff frequency modulation, as well as amplitude modulation of the VCA. Dials for this generator include hold, decay, attack, sustain, and release for remarkable envelope-shaping control. Rounding out the modulation section is the LFO or Modulation Generator, which features a selectable Waveform (reverse sawtooth, triangle, sawtooth) with a sweepable frequency range from 0.1 to 22 Hz. The Behringer K2 includes a power supply.
- Analog synthesizer with dual VCO design for professional music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original MS20 circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First- and second-generation filter design (high-pass / low-pass with peak/resonance)
- Four variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse-widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Two analog envelope generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice poly chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution—main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection