The black MPK mini MKII from Akai Professional is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It features twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads in two banks, and eight assignable Q-Link knobs. With an array of hardware controls, MPK mini allows for recording, composing, and performing whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Dedicated octave up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional's line of MPC workstations.
Production software and virtual instruments are included for immediate music creation. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a high-definition synthesizer. SONiVOX's Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer featuring two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials is a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software that also runs in standalone mode for making music without a DAW.
Four memory banks can store hardware/software presets for quick and easy set up. The MPK mini MIDI Editor is preset management software that lets users customize their hardware and software setup on a Mac or Windows, create and tweak presets for favorite virtual instruments, plug-ins, and DAWs, and then store them on the controller. The controller requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to a Mac or Windows computer.
- Twenty-five synth action mini keys
- Four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation control
- Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with note repeat and full level
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes
- Dedicated octave up and octave down buttons
- Ultra-compact design allows for creating anywhere
- USB powered - no power adapter required
- Full size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
Keyboard 25 x Keys, synth-weighted and velocity sensitive Pads 8 x Pads, pressure and velocity sensitive, light-up MPC-style (2 banks) Knobs 8 x Assignable controller pots Other Controls 1 x Pitch bend/modulation joystick
1 x Note repeat button
1 x Full level button
1 x Tap tempo button
Octaves 10, using octave up/down buttons User Memory 4 Arpeggiator Yes Connectivity 1 x USB Type B
1 x 1/4" TS Sustain Pedal (pedal not included)
Power Requirements USB powered System Compatibility Mac
1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended)
OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Available USB port
1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multi-core CPU recommended);
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended)
Available USB port
Dimensions (WxDxH) 12.50 x 7.10 x 1.75" (318 x 180 x 44 mm) Weight 1.7 lb (0.8 kg)
FREE SHIPPING DETAILS
*Please note that only Canada Post delivers to PO boxes.
- Free Shipping offer is valid on selected products only.
- Orders will be sent via Canada Post or UPS shipping method unless specified at the time of order.
- Free Shipping offer is valid only if all the items in the shopping cart are eligible for Free Shipping
and the order is $200.00 and over (before taxes).
- Free Shipping is valid only within Canada.
- Orders shipped to Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon are not eligilble for free shipping.
- Our everyday low shipping charges will be applied to any non-eligible products at the time of checkout..
- Courier shipments require an adult signature for proof of delivery..
- RED ONE Music reserves the right to end or modify this Free Shipping offer at any time.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
RED ONE Music reserves the right to refuse any order with Free Shipping which the website accidentally
offered but did not meet the criteria above. The client will be notified with an every day low shipping charge and
asked if they would like to proceed with the order or have it cancelled.
- All delivery charges and taxes will be added when applicable to the prices shown on our Website.
- Duties and brokerage fees (if any) will be the sole responsibility of the customer, and may be collected by a third party.
- Please make sure you have entered the correct information for your coordinates and currency to get the correct pricing for your location.
- International shipping: We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges.
- We do not refund unclaimed or undeliverable packages due incorrect/missing information. If a package is returned as undeliverable/unclaimed, it is the customers responsibility to follow up with the postal carrier and absorb all fees related.
Note: If the name on your billing address does not match the name on your credit card it will delay your order.
- All returned opened items are subject to a min 15% to maximum 25% restocking fee.
- All returned items can take up to 10-14 days to be processed.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, returns will be accepted for store credit (less restocking fee & shipping) within 30 days of invoice date.
- RED ONE Music will accept returns for defective goods that you have ordered from us within 30 days of invoice date for exchange only.
- All Returns must contain all associated packaging and materials (ie accessories, manuals, wires, etc). Merchandise that is not returned in brand-new condition, including damages, abuse, marks, showing wear, or with missing packaging or accessories, will be subject to additional charges. Shipping and Handling charges (delivery and return) are non-refundable, including any shipping fees not directly incurred that are part of a free shipping promotion. Any items packaged with software, including but not limited to, DJ Controllers, Audio Interfaces, etc., must be returned with the original software disc including serial number and proof of deactivation.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted for the following types of products: Customized, special order, used products, clearance products, expendable items, cartridges, replacement lamps/bulbs, opened computer hardware, rigging supplies, tape, needles, cleaner kits, effect fluid or juice, software, gels, music, displays/televisions/monitors or parts (replacement, repair or item components) - these products are final sale.
- Returns or exchanges for the following items will only be accepted if they are in factory sealed packaging due to hygienic reasons: headphones & microphones.
- All returns made MUST be authorized in advance by a customer service representative - and paper work dispatched to you via email. Your RMA form must be included in the box and your RMA number located on the waybill / packaging. Any returned items that arrive without prior approval or missing documentation may be rejected by our shippers. Once received, returns will be processed within 5 business days.
- If your parcel was damaged in transport, please email email@example.com with your order number and include a picture of the exterior of the box, the interior of the box, and of the damaged product. No claims will be accepted without these pictures.
- RED ONE Music is an authorized retailer for each of the brands available on our website. As such, your purchase is authorized for the manufacturer's warranty in Canada.
In store pick-ups
- To be eligible for a store pick-up, please review the criteria below:
- If your order is paid by credit card, you then qualify for a store pick-up. Note that once you pick-
- up your order, you must present a valid government photo ID as well as the original credit card
- used during the purchase. The name and address must match the name and billing/shipping
- address associated to the order.
- If your order is paid by e-transfer, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the e-transfer information.
- If your order is paid by Paybright, you then qualify for a store pick-up. You must present a valid
- government photo ID to match the name appearing on the Paybright application.
- Please note that all orders paid using PayPal will not qualify for store pick-up. If you paid by
- credit card using the PayPal platform, this payment method will also not qualify for store pick-
All orders that are picked-up in store must sign the release form acknowledging the reception of your
order. Note that Music Red One may request to take a copy of your government photo ID to add to this
1. At checkout, select PayBright as your payment option.
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision.
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax!
*Purchase must be over $500
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.