Boss Jb-2 Over Drive Pedal
Sold and Shipped by: Red One Music
MusicRedOne.com is a Canadian authorized Boss retailer.
Any questions about this product? CHAT WITH US or CALL US →514-225-2226
✔ FREE SHIPPING
A partnership between two well-known pedal manufacturers, the BOSS JHS JB-2 Angry Driver packs the respective tones and characters of the BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver and the JHS Angry Charlie into one pedal. Usable in parallel, serial, or individually selectable modes, guitarists can now access—and combine—the sonic signatures of the Blues Driver and the aggressive, rocky tones of the Angry Charlie. The pedal has been issued in the recognizable BOSS compact-housing design.
Three dual-concentric knobs are provided, giving you independent control over Drive, Tone, and Level for each of the pedal’s individual distortions. Simply dial in the settings you’d prefer for the Blues Driver section with the outside knobs; the inside controls, on the other hand, are for the JHS circuit.
To the left of these controls, you find a Mode knob which selects the order of overdrive. Here you can choose individual circuits, removing the other stompbox signature from the path entirely. Conversely, you can route the order of the overdrive types in two different series modes, or choose to run the pedal in parallel. You'll also find a setting that allows you to switch between individual overdrive types with the footswitch.
1/4" jacks are offered for your input and your output, while a remote-switch jack gives you the ability to control pedal modes from separately-available footswitches or effects-switching systems. An LED indicator displays different colors for various modes, showing blue for BOSS, red for JHS, and purple for any combination of the two. The pedal both includes and runs on a 9V battery, though you can also power the JB-2 from a purchasable AC adapter.
- Nominal Input Level -20 dBu
- Input Impedance 1 MOhm
- Nominal Output Level -20 dBu
- Output Impedance 1 kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance 10 kOhms or greater
- Controls MODE knob
- DRIVE knob
- TONE knob
- LEVEL knob
- Pedal switch
- Indicators CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors 1 x 1/4" INPUT jack
- 1 x 1/4" OUTPUT jack
- 1 x 1/4" REMOTE jack
- 1 x AC adapter jack (9 VDC)
- Power Supply 9 V battery (alkaline or carbon-zinc), AC adapter (available separately)
- Current Draw 50 mA
- Expected Battery Life Alkaline, continuous use: approximately 9.5 hours
- Carbon-zinc, continuous use: approximately 2.5 hours
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 2.9 x 5.1 x 2.3" / 7.3 x 12.9 x 5.9 cm
- Weight 15.5 oz / 440.0 g (including battery)
- Package Weight 1.3 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.9 x 3.7 x 2.8"